BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

BMW 528XI series Trunck

2K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  Mr.750 
#1 ·
HI
I have a 528XI 2010 model
my trunk opens automatically by itself
it happenend lot 4 to 5 times
once all at night the truck got opened and it rained and my trunk was completely wet
So not sure what is issue please suggest.

Thanks
Sam

#2 ·
Mods please move this to the E60 board, it might have better luck there.

sam: I'd take it to the dealer to have it looked at personally.

#3 ·
trunk opens automatically

Sam,
Sorry to hear about the rain in your trunk.
I have a 2012 528I and I have the same problem. It has opened about 5 times in the last half year. One snowy day and one rainy day parked outside, but I caught it both times before I got a wet trunk. I called the dealer service department and they had never heard of it. However after reading some threads here, it seems like it has been an issue even back in 2006 and in other models. I thought maybe it was an issue with the key fob button pressing on something else in my pocket. You know that button is flat and doesn't skick out. None of the other buttons get pressed on it that I can tell.
I wish they could reprogram my key fob to require two or three pushes in a row to open the trunk. I would reprogram that if I could. I've also looked for a clear cover to slip the key fob into thinking that might prevent an accidental button push. No luck. I'm afraid I'm not going to always be so lucky and I can see a wet trunk in my future.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.