BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

about 2013 128i, is this a good deal?

7K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  Dkami 
#1 ·
so i've been doing some online shopping recently as I am going to get a new car soon
quite honestly, bmw is not my first option because i'm a student and my family hates the idea of me (student) driving a bimmer.
however i am thrilled when i came across this 2013 128i w/ SULEV that is selling for almost $30,000.
The car is basically stock, with only heated front seats, BMW Assist, and Satellite Radio.

what really made me consider this car is its 4 yr/ 50,000 miles free maintenance (or BMW has it already but i didn't know)

my questions are:
1. since the bmwusa does not say what standard equipment and optional equipment are, is connectdrive standard?
2. this car is not equipped with HID and angel eyes, is there anyway I could replace that in the future if i decide to get this car? or is it not recommended?
3. is this a good buy?

so far those are the questions i have. ill update as i come across more questions.
i'm fairly new to BMW world, so excuse me if i ask some questions that are way too easy or too obvious.

thanks!

See less See more
#2 ·
so i've been doing some online shopping recently as I am going to get a new car soon
quite honestly, bmw is not my first option because i'm a student and my family hates the idea of me (student) driving a bimmer.
however i am thrilled when i came across this 2013 128i w/ SULEV that is selling for almost $30,000.
The car is basically stock, with only heated front seats, BMW Assist, and Satellite Radio.

what really made me consider this car is its 4 yr/ 50,000 miles free maintenance (or BMW has it already but i didn't know)

my questions are:
1. since the bmwusa does not say what standard equipment and optional equipment are, is connectdrive standard?
2. this car is not equipped with HID and angel eyes, is there anyway I could replace that in the future if i decide to get this car? or is it not recommended?
3. is this a good buy?

so far those are the questions i have. ill update as i come across more questions.
i'm fairly new to BMW world, so excuse me if i ask some questions that are way too easy or too obvious.

thanks!
do a ton of research also there might be a sponsor here on the board that might be able to work out a good deal

1.i doubt it
2.do you mean the x lights?
3.there's a ton of more info needed before that can be determined.

i have a thread going in the dealer section with a bunch of questions that might be helpful to look over

Sent from my XT557 using Bimmer App

#8 ·
Note i would recommend that if you dotn have money for service then simply get the extended warranty if available. from the dealer it is called CPO (Certified PreOwned) You wont us eit a lot because BMW really makes a good vehicle. However, when things do go wrong they can be a little expensive.

#10 ·
Pretty sure you can't CPO a new vehicle, unless they changed something. You can extend the maintenance or warranty for as long as the new car maintenance and warranty is good for, so you might as well wait until you're close to 4 years or 50k before you do it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.