BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

New Z4 to start at $54k

5K views 10 replies 10 participants last post by  TMQ 
#1 ·
I was going to Autobid to look at there new renderings of the Z4, and thought I would translate the site through google and try to read it.

The number one thing that stood out to me was what they think it will cost!!!

They estimate that the car will take a HUGE,GIGANTIC jump in price and start at 43,000 Euro, or $54k. WOW!! That will surely outprice many people, including me. By the time options are put on the car it could be well over $60k.

That will make a base SLK and Boxster, even the Cayman cheaper.

I think it will be a huge mistake to start the car at a price any higher than 45k.

http://www.autobild.de/artikel/auto-...z4_796827.html

Thoughts?

#3 · (Edited)
Not totally sure if that price includes VAT, and I'm not really all that informed with VAT. However, what I can say is the article said that the car would increase in price by at least 10,000 Euros, or ~$12,700, compared to the old car. I would suspect at least a $12-$13k increase in price, according to autobid.

#6 · (Edited)
The current 3.0si is 42,500 Euros in Germany, so if they're just releasing an equivalent model first, then there's almost no price change. Assuming anything at this point seems a bit premature. Now if the listed price is for a 2.0 petrol motor, then there really will be a large price increase.

Simply converting euro pricing to USD has never been an accurate way to estimate pricing. Using the same theory, the 39,400 euro base price of a 135i in Germany, where it has fewer standard options than the US version would convert to $49,000. I'd guess that given the folding hard top, and what appears to be a more complex interior, there will be a price increase, but odds are that it won't be as large as the above speculation.

Of course there is a lot of untapped potential between the $50k 335iC and the $85k 650iC...

#9 ·
I was going to Autobid to look at there new renderings of the Z4, and thought I would translate the site through google and try to read it. The number one thing that stood out to me was what they think it will cost!!! They estimate that the car will take a HUGE,GIGANTIC jump in price and start at 43,000 Euro, or $54k. WOW!! That will surely outprice many people, including me. By the time options are put on the car it could be well over $60k.

That will make a base SLK and Boxster, even the Cayman cheaper. Thoughts?
If that's true, then the 2009 Z4's selling price just got a shot in the arm! :yikes:

Doug

#11 ·
Don't believe that number. BMWs will always be cheaper in the U.S., it's never a standard currency conversion.

U.S. is BMW's biggest market, and given the current economic situation, there's no way a Z4 starts higher than a 5 series.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.