BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

335i

1K views 8 replies 9 participants last post by  Djay1 
#1 ·
Can anyone that owns or drives a 335i tell me their experience with the cars? Would they be a good car to buy for a first time owner of BMW. thanks.

#2 · (Edited)
Test driven one & bought a 335xi. I think it would be a terrific car for a first time owner.

gl

#3 ·
The Ultimate Driving Machine. I have almost 50k trouble free miles on mine. Runs better than the day I got it (Dinan Stage 2). Still smile with every drive. I got my first BMW 14 years ago, and don't really see any need to switch.

#5 ·
Its one notch short of the M3, so if you want to track a car, go M3, if you want save bucks and have a tad less of power and brakes/suspension, go 335i.

Just be sure to get the Sport Package, the seats alone are worth it.

I have 64K on mine, and also take to track and autocross, and drive only for fun, road trips and good times.

Attachments

#7 ·
Its one notch short of the M3...
Actually, it's two notches short of the M3. The 335is is one notch short of the M3. And this was the intent of BMW when they designed it.

OP: Our 335is is our first BMW.

#8 ·
Its amazingly agile we've owned a 760 and a Cayenne Turbo S, and while its obviously not as rawly powerful, because of the agility and size it really feels like it flies, from spending not even two days with mine it really shines at 60+mph, again I'm not worried about much with the car... But I do worry about how low it sits (thinking and really looking at it today its very low and I have the xi) so I worry about the DMV snow getting me stuck or not allowing me to get out.

Amazing car just remember you can get a dud like with any other car :thumbup:, and like I said in another thread if it gets crazy with trips to the dealer its gone and I'm going acura, lex, or something that will just run.

#9 ·
If chosen for a daily driver you might want to stay away from 19 inch wheels unless you 're an "expert level" pot hole dodger.

It truly is a smile inducing sports coupe. Just give it routine care and attention. Don't be lulled by BMW's maintenance schedule if you purchase it for longer term usage i.e. not leasing.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.