BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Has anyone had a HPFP problem since they "fixed" the problem?

3K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  beden1 
#1 · (Edited)
I hear they have now finally resolved the fuel pump problem and I am told that after being stranded in the middle of no where last year at 10pm on a Saturday night 2h from my house and over an hour from the closest car rental place that I now have a pump that won't have further problems.

Just curious if there have been any further problems since they "fixed" the problem.

#2 ·
#6 ·
At this point if your car has been back for the recall HPFP and software ( and maybe injectors), I think most people have found it to be reliable. Of course it hasn't been long enough to know if it's a 50k mile fix or what. Considering its warranted out to 120K miles I'll bet BMW was aiming for at least that.

#7 · (Edited)
I think it would be interesting to try and determine if there is some common way the drivers of the cars that have had HPFP problems, operate their cars. It seems as though some cars have had multiple related problems when many cars have had no problems at all.

Some things that could be listed: warm up procedures, primarily shifting their auto transmissions manually, mostly hard acceleration starts, what brand of fuel is mostly used, etc. Maybe we can find some common thread for how the HPFP problems can be minimized?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.