BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Scratch by others door

3K views 16 replies 14 participants last post by  E92-Lighting 
#1 ·
Hi members,
I am so pissed because i found a deep scratch on my door today, and its caused by the car next to me when they open their door without using their phucking brain (it is a culture here in san antonio, tx), what you guy do to minimize the scratch?

#3 ·
Park next to expensive/clean cars.
Park in spots that don't have parking spots next to them (there are few if you look for them).

That's about it. No matter how careful you are, those shopping carts have a way of finding you even if you're in the deepest corner of shopping mall parking lot.

I have few deep dings/scratches. It happens the most when kids blast-open the rear door of SUV that barely fits in parking spot to begin with.

#5 ·
No matter how careful you are, those shopping carts have a way of finding you even if you're in the deepest corner of shopping mall parking lot.
Never thought of shopping carts.

Last weekend I washed my new 335is (2000 miles) and found on the lower part of the passenger door some scratches and scuffs. WTF? I am so careful about where I park and when opening that door. How could this happen?

#4 ·
Unfortunately you have to park car away from everyone else and get used to walking a little farther than others.....just the facts of life of owning and caring about BMW's.....Too many others just could not care about your door or your car....people are in too much of a hurry, too fat, no co-ordination, etc...just like the other drivers on the road.....It's a sad fact.....Try to find end spots so you only have to worry about one door and park as far away from the other car....

#6 ·
http://www.doorshox.com/

I've just run across this product on the Internet. My assessment.
1. Expensive
2. Obnoxious
3. Probably takes 20 min. to install
4. Easily ripped off
5. Can be used to beat the *rap out of your car by hoodlums
6. Invites keying
Other than that, it might work great.

#7 ·
Sorry to hear about it. Some dirtbag in a Hummer H2 parked 2 inches from my gf's car's bumper. Noticed a large chip on her rear bumper corresponding to where his metal tow hooks in the front made impact. I seriously seriously considered smashing in his plastic grille with my fist, but decided that it wasn't a very Christian thing to do. Only creeps and ghetto klowns drive Hummer H2's.

#14 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.