BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Cooling system overhaul

1K views 10 replies 9 participants last post by  Big Chaze 
#1 ·
108k radiator took a crap yesterday cracked at the top by the upper hose.I'm changing water pump termastat hoses n radiator.I m guessing that's decent tme 12 years old and 108k to die? <<<How long did yours last?

#5 · (Edited)
I got up to 110k and decided it's time to overhaul the system before it's too late. Before the overhaul the expansion tank had cracked and that was about it. I was lucky considering the belts were completely shot. Thanks to a buddy of mine, I can now sleep at night knowing that area has been tackled.

I would advise changing the t-stat housing, all gaskets associated, belts and pulleys.

GL with the project, are you DIY, or indy?

#6 ·
I got up to 110k and decided it's time to overhaul the system before it's too late. Before the overhaul the expansion tank had cracked and that was about it. I was lucky considering the belts were completely shot. Thanks to a buddy of mine, I can now sleep at night knowing that area has been tackled.

I would advise changing the t-stat housing, all gaskets associated, belts and pulleys.

GL with the project, are you DIY, or indy?
I think I know who that Buddy is...lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.