BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

My two favorite OEM wheels

12K views 48 replies 26 participants last post by  DinanBimmer 
#1 ·
And I now own both sets! OEM 18x8/18x9 M-pars and OEM 18x8/18x9 style 5s.

Problem is I can't decide which I like more, so I'll be running both for a few days. :D

See less See more
#4 ·
I like both but how do the 18 in wheels ride. I did the opposite of everyone else after purchasing a few sets of tires for my OEM 17 inch. I never liked the ride--felt almost every bump. I guess that's the Sport Pkg or Idaho roads or both. I love the ride with my 16 inch wheels/tires.
I believe your color is Titanium Silver in the photo. Love that color (my e39 is that also). Just wish it wasn't so common.

#5 ·
Style 5's.... I'm getting tired of the M-par's too (though mine are replicas).

#8 ·
Nice 18s style 5 I havnt seen many so I pick the 5s

#41 ·
Whatttt :confused: cum on ill what ya talking bout man.... Mpars all Day N***a

#13 ·
The fives look baller but absolutely not gawdy baller. Maybe because they remind me of 100 spoke daytons without the three spoke center cap. Lol
The mpars look straight sports car that happens to be a sedan.

#14 ·
M-pars for the win. I am looking for a set right now. I like my style 19s but I want 18 inch rims and the M-pars are the shiz nit.

#16 · (Edited)
Style 5 some might say are outdated. The truth is they are timeless.
A set of uncared style 5 look ugly though.
A set of STAGGERED style 5 in 18" cared and updated look very classy on a e39.

As an example, here is a restored set Claus from Felgengarage has for sale, and they're not cheap for a reason:

P.S.: Claus restores these wheels, and new thicker barrels are installed. Here are some examples of how BMW's looks with such wheels (restored by Claus, different "serious" wheel manufacturers):

#17 ·
And I now own both sets! OEM 18x8/18x9 M-pars and OEM 18x8/18x9 style 5s.

Problem is I can't decide which I like more, so I'll be running both for a few days. :D

You need to put the M-par on one side and the 5's on the other side.
Leave it like that for a while, it'll look better than both on the same side.

#19 ·
I used to run 19's Beyern Mesh and got rid of them and back to stock 42's. Mpars are nice but sorry they are just way overplayed. Style 5's cant be beat but they are too old school for my liking. While I like the 42's, I wish the lip a little bit deeper. I am in the process of trading my 42's with style 19's. I know 95% of people think they are the ugliest bmw wheels ever made but I have always loved these wheels. The are different and you dont' see the much on the E39's. I plan polishing the lip and painting the middle light gray.. These are my inspirations.

#23 ·
I have ARA wheels, not my favorite but came with the car. Anyway the clear coat is flaking off the lip area for some reason. How do i fix this? I was thinking about just getting the aluminum lips polished but who does this? Machine shop or autobody?

#31 ·
are they the chrome version? kinda looks like it in the pic.

#29 ·
You can never go wrong with 5 spokes

#30 ·
I vote for the style 5's, but why not keep both? I plan on keeping and restoring my style 19's until I can purchase some BBS ch's or HRE's. M parallels look gorgeous on an 8 series (a bmw I would love to own).

Attachments

#32 ·
Oh I am keeping both. But my problem was which ones to run. :thumbup:

So I know you guys think M-pars are played out, but I've been running the style 5s for the past year. I'll rock the Ms for a few weeks I think.

Besides, they're only "played out" here on the forums. I don't see M-pars everyday on E39s on the road.

#33 ·
Style 5's!

And let me say you are a lucky bastard for finding them in staggered 18's!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.