BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Does Anyone Have a Name for Their Bimmer?

7K views 109 replies 75 participants last post by  Chadley 
#1 · (Edited)
I thought I would ask this question for fun. I always name my cars. After careful deliberation, I came up with the name Carl. How about anyone else?

Incidentally I have a 2010 335D.

#3 ·
Yes - "Bemo" pronounced [be-mo], which is a common Eastern European derivative of the German pronunciation of BMW [be-em-ve]. To hell with the fact that cars are inanimate objects, this thread WILL be fun! :)

#11 ·
LOL.

I don't really have a name for my E93 but my SO does, in fact he has two names for it:

If he is negotiating with me for driving rights he calls it "Wunderkar". :)

If he is watching me back out of the garage top down, the car becomes the "POS". :tsk:

(ps: he drives a MB land yacht.... )

#17 ·
I usually just refer to my car as "the princess" or "spoiled brat," because she is definitely both of those things. :)

#24 · (Edited)
My little frahline is named Deedee as she is a diesel. The license plate starting with DD sealed the deal. I have named other cars like my old Honda Accord is Herman... he is kind of dumpy so the sedate mild mannered name was in order. He has 209k miles. The dodge is named Randy as he is a RAM truck.

#25 ·
Mein Liebling's stablemates are; 1987 Toyota MR2 is Mr. Two (not very original I know), 1990 Miata is Mr. Miagi and my 2002 F-150 is "The Grey Ghost" named after my favorite Schwinn "Krate" bike when I was a kid.

I think it was those Schwinn "Krate" bikes that got me hooked on cars, kind'a like a "gateway drug".

#29 ·
Yup had name for all my bimmers.

My E92 335i nick named BAD 3
My E65 745i was nick named 1 BAD 7
My E60 545i was nick named 1BAD 5:thumbup:

#30 · (Edited)
No, and yes. It's not so much a name as a designation: The Bavarian Express. Sort of like Air Force One in that it only applies while I'm driving, with a nod to the Orient Express in allusion to my preferred mode of travel: High speed, limited stops. ;) It started as a joke years ago, when answering the phone on cross-country trips ("Hallo, wilkommen am der Bayerische Express!") and quickly stuck.

Technically, this should be BE II because first use was in my first Bimmer but I never refer to it as such. The E36 in between was, and shall remain, nameless!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.