BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Time of day for ED pick-up?

1K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  530iii 
#1 ·
When is the actual appointment time for pick-up issued by BMW (or the delivery center) after an order is placed? I'm assuming it is not an open schedule and that a particular time to show up is arranged. What happens if you are late (due to flight delays if pick-up on same day as arrival)? Is the delivery center flexible enough to "squeeze you in" later that day or next?
Thanks

#2 ·
twodachs said:
When is the actual appointment time for pick-up issued by BMW (or the delivery center) after an order is placed? I'm assuming it is not an open schedule and that a particular time to show up is arranged. What happens if you are late (due to flight delays if pick-up on same day as arrival)? Is the delivery center flexible enough to "squeeze you in" later that day or next?
Thanks
You pick up on the DAY you're scheduled....between 0830 and 1500. There is no appt. "time". If you have to delay to the next business day or two that's not a problem but you need to let them know ASAP.

#3 ·
twodachs said:
Thanks
First come, first served; you just pick a date. Understand also, that the delivery center accomodates other forms of delivery besides just the BMWNA European Delivery program.

-MrB

#5 ·
Me530 said:
Just don't show up at 3PM and expect them to give you the car, it takes about an hour for the whole process...
Having done ED at 8:30 and at 2:30 (2004 and 2005) I would do the 2pm-ish timeframe the next time. I had the place to myself at 2:30 and Bernhard spent lots of time with me. On the 8:30 delivery it was pretty crowded.

#6 ·
And when I did my most recent delivery at 17:30, the place was empty and we had to turn the lights on to find my car.

Attachments

#7 ·
Jspira said:
And when I did my most recent delivery at 17:30, the place was empty and we had to turn the lights on to find my car.
They didn't just say "take whichever one you want, I just gotta get home"?

#8 ·
Tanning machine said:
They didn't just say "take whichever one you want, I just gotta get home"?
:rofl:

Room was empty except for my car and one other.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.