BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Audi S7 vs. BMW 650xi

5K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  bigscore 
#1 ·
Hi I am looking for a new car. I am confused as to the best option to go. Looking at the S7 from Audi vs 650 from BMW. The car has to be all wheel drive. I have to drive the car in the midwest.

Any plus or minuses for either car. I have drive a A6 and really like the Audi drive. Also have had a 3 series in the past and was happy with it. Please advice. Thanks Also any options that I am ignoring?

#2 ·
Both cars are awesome, I've driven 2013 versions of the A7 and 650i (not the xi). The Audi felt less responsive and less sharp (and definitely slower), but it's more smooth when driving at normal city speeds. The BMW overall feels more sporty, but also very comfortable (the auto transmission is really well done). The interface is a big factor in determining the car for me. Audi MMI is one of the best in the business, though with BMW's recent overhaul of the iDrive system, I'd say it actually is the best infotainment system on the market now. If I were in your position, I'd have a difficult time choosing between the two personally, go with whichever looks the best to you :)

#4 ·
I hate to say it but based on looks and especially the interior, I think the S7 kills 650i Gran Coupe. I would have to drive them both before I could make a decision but based on how well it drives (no typical Audi under-steer according to Matt Farah's review below) I think the S7 would still come out on top after the test drives.

Note the problem with heads hitting the roof for 6 foot + rear passengers - may be an issue for some people:

#8 ·
640i GC beats A7, S7 beats 650i GC (unless it has M-Sport), M6 GC Beats RS7.

Your welcome!
Are you talking about beating in looks? I ask because you mention M-Sport and as far as I know, the M-Sport package for the 6ers does nothing for performance.

On a related note, I currently have an F12 650i and as soon as my lease is up, I'm taking a trip to Audi to order an S7 at the least (RS7 if within my means by then). It just meets all my requirements in a car (AWD, sufficient cargo space, performance, 4 doors, tech goodies, looks, etc...)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.