BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

2013 BMW Z4 sDrive 28i Atacama Yellow

20K views 17 replies 13 participants last post by  TGray5 
#1 · (Edited)
I just traded in my Deep Sea Blue Metallic 2011 Z4 sDrive30i for a new 2013 Z4 sDrive 28i in Atacama Yellow. I had loved this color since I first saw it 2 years ago but it was a 35si and out of my price range. When the dealer told me this was on the boat I had him grab it for me. Since I don't see too many of this color on here I thought I would share a few pictures.

Atacama Yellow
M Sport/Citrus Yellow Package
Premium Sound Package
M Sport Package
8 Speed Automatic Transmission
Heated Front Seats
Navigation System
BMW Assist w/Bluetooth

I am surprised by how much more perceived power this has over the 3.0i. And the exhaust tone is much better. So far in every way I like it even better than the 3.0 and I really enjoyed that car.

See less See more
#7 ·
I am surprised by how much more perceived power this has over the 3.0i. And the exhaust tone is much better. So far in every way I like it even better than the 3.0 and I really enjoyed that car.
Congrates on the car, looks great. Torque is your best friend for normal daily driving. Turbos = Torque. The N20 seems to be a well planned engine package for BMW. Glad your enjoying the new Z.

#12 ·
The 28i has 240HP at 5,500 rpm and 260 lb-ft of torque at 1,250 rpm. The 30i has 255HP at 6,600 rpm and 220 lb-ft of torque at 2,600 rpm. It's the torque that really makes the difference. It seems to make solid power right off the line and keeps going.

Gas mileage wise the 28i is listed at 22 city and 34 hwy while the 30i is listed at 18 city and 28 hwy. I averaged about 25.5 mpg in the 30i and although I have only put about 600 miles on the new 28i, I'm averaging 30.5 mpg.

The 30i was a quite motor and the 28i has a louder exhaust note which (to me anyway) makes it sound more like a sports car.

#17 ·
Congrat's on the new ride. Fantastic color. Love the black grill on yellow. Great stitching on the interior.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.