BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Change engine oil

2K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  Koenvw 
#1 ·
Hello,

Is it easy to change the engine oil by yourself?

I notice that there is no way to suck it out like other cars...

#2 ·
Looks like most 6 owners don't change their own oil. I am a DIY guy so I would like to do my own as well but I haven't even gotten under the car to look around yet. May have better luck with an answer in the General section or even the 5 series since there are so many of them on the road. I would expect a 5 series would apply to a 6 with the same engine.

#4 ·
Hello,

Its realy easy to change the engine oil...

6.5 Liters must be filled in... normal longlive syntehic oil, bud I uses half syntetic because I don't drive a lot...

By BMW it costs +/- 250 euro for oil and the oil filter...

I did it for 50 euro for oil, oil filter and olso air filter.

So I understand BMW can clean the car for free... They earn 200 euro (+/- 230 us dollar) for cleaning your car...:mad: Just because we drive a 6 series???

#5 ·
So I understand BMW can clean the car for free... They earn 200 euro (+/- 230 us dollar) for cleaning your car...:mad: Just because we drive a 6 series???
Here in the US it is generally known to NEVER let the dealer wash your car. Often times they drive it through an automated system or have some kids use rags they leave on the ground. great way to damage your paint.

Also for oil changes since I live in a condo I need to take it to the dealer to get the oil changed. In the end it's only like a $30 difference at this one dealer vs DIY so I'm not too concerned.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.