BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Poor Acceleration, jerky

1K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  susandav 
#1 ·
With about 3 gallons in my tank and outside temperature of about 5 degrees, my BMW 325xi kept "hiccuping" - short acceleration and threatening to die this AM. Finally I had to be towed. The problem may be moisture in the tank and too low a gas level for this time of year. Any other thoughts?

#2 ·
With about 3 gallons in my tank and outside temperature of about 5 degrees, my BMW 325xi kept "hiccuping" - short acceleration and threatening to die this AM. Finally I had to be towed. The problem may be moisture in the tank and too low a gas level for this time of year. Any other thoughts?
Lots.
Where did you have it towed? Were there any lights or warnings displayed on the dash?

#3 · (Edited)
Poor Acceleration, Jerky

It was towed to my local foreign car mechanic and I have since heard that they added more gas and a "fixer" to keep the ethanol/gasoline from evaporating. They will be test driving soon. I will also be asking them what I should do to prevent this happening particularly in the cold weather. The troubling thing is that I have had the car since fall 2008 and this is the first time it has happened. Just trying to get other opinions. Re: warning lights: not really, until it died,except for the RPM needle swinging around.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.