BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Replacing Door Panel Clips

14K views 15 replies 8 participants last post by  BustedE36 
#1 ·
I have a 328ic and need tp replace the door panel clips, but cannot see figure out how they were installed into the upholstery panel and if they can be changed. These are the white ones mounting on the black plastic housing. The only solution I can think or is to cut the housing open, change the clips, and cement the housing back together with Crazy Glue. Any other ideas would be appreciated. Thanks.

#3 ·
yea you can either cut the old ones out of the mounting holes or pull them out with a pair of needle-nose. if you look at the new clips you'll see a notch in the back. you're supposed to use that to push and twist the new ones in. its pretty easy once you do the first one.

#15 ·
meh,most of the e36'ers don't care for the e46 style //M bumper on our chassis. they tend to clash. the e46 is rounder, and the 'ledge' is more pronounced with the e46 style bumper of the regular e36 or e36//M bumper.

if you guys like it, then great. just don't be so suprised if not too many others join you in the enthusiasm.

me?? i had one on cadence when i first got her, but got hit in the parking lot. it came that way, and i thought it looked cool until i saw how poorly it fit when compared to the regular //M bumper. i went with that.

df

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.