BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Used Z4 Prices to Drop?

4K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  tturedraider 
#1 ·
I'm just wondering what you all think: With the newly designed Z4 out there, do you suppose the pricing of recently owned Z4's will be lower than they ordinarily would? More negotiating room? Or no real change from what might be expected regardless of the model change? (I'm just thinking the new Z4 might be more attractive and therefore more in demand than any used Z4's, also resulting in an increased supply of used versions). Just wondering . . . . :dunno:

Doug

#2 ·
While true that there will be more demand for the new model, I don't think that there will be a huge drop in the current models. Why? Trunks space. The huge advantage of the 'old' z4 is that it has a huge trunk (for a roadster) -- even when the top is down. The hardtop roadster just can't haul suitcases unless the top is up. I know it's making me reconsider 'upgrading'.

--nw

#3 ·
Whenever there is a "new and improved" model, the older one decreases in value. While trunk space is a negative, those twin turbos will still be popular. In particular, I think the M roadster versions will drop in value because their horsepower is only slightly better than the new twin turbo version. They may never come out with a coupe version since it is a retractable hardtop. If so, the M Coupes will be rare and therefore retain their value better.

None of this will happen until the new version is in large supply and it is no longer a "new" model.

#5 ·
My sister in-law's husband just picked up a spotlessly clean CPO'd 06 Si with 19k on her, PP, SP great color (monaco over beige, beige top) for 27 and change.

Just perusing M roadsters myself (yeah, I'm thinking about it) - I'm seeing some good deals in the low 30's.

Ed

#6 ·
Sounds like a great deal. That's the type of car I will be looking for shortly. (although I am not sure I want 2 Monaco Blue cars) My lease is up in 4 months, but my Z will have 45K miles on it, so I am not excited about buying it unless I would get an incredible deal. I won't need another car for about 4 months because I will have a spare, so during that time I will be checking the CPO Z's often. I commute a lot of miles and a low mileage lease return would be the ticket for me.

Right now, I am leaning toward getting a CPO 3.0si or an M Roadster, but to find one with an interesting color (I don't want White, Black, Silver or Gray) equipped the way I want it (PP, SP, Heated seats) may be tough. The wife won't want the manual tranny on the M, but I still might be able to swing that. One thing I like about BMW's web site is that you can search the country for CPO inventory to see what's out there and what they are asking for specific cars.

#7 ·
used Z4 prices

If BMW raises the price substantially on the new model, as some have suggested, don't you think that would stabilze the used prices? I hope so, since I've had my 6,000 mile coupe for sale for months and have had no interest. I would be interested in a new one based on all the pictures i've seen.
Anyone know when the new ones will hit the dealerships?

#8 ·
If BMW raises the price substantially on the new model, as some have suggested, don't you think that would stabilze the used prices? I hope so, since I've had my 6,000 mile coupe for sale for months and have had no interest. I would be interested in a new one based on all the pictures i've seen.
Anyone know when the new ones will hit the dealerships?
My prediction is the "sDrive30" with the same engine as the current top of the line 3.0si will be priced about the same as the 3.0si. The sDrive35 will see a price increase.

The new car is gorgeous in the metal. Just saw and sat in it last week at the Dallas auto show. It is more elegant and upscale than the current Z4 and the Z3. I hope BMW makes the much rumored Z2.

Expect it in showrooms around the end of April, beginning of May.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.