BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
6M views 104K replies 316 participants last post by  tim330i 
#1 ·
There has been a bunch of OT threads lately, so i think we should try to keep it all the ot talk in one place. I know the e36 forum rocks, and all the other forums suck big time :bigpimp:, yet we need to stay on topic....

#82,822 ·
The bomb at JFK Library detonated with no casualties according to BPD.
Insert inappropriate joke about no one going to Libraries anymore.

I need humor to soften the grief of these things.

#82,823 · (Edited)
She had said she was going to be unable to attend the race to cheer on her friend. Patrick can you text her to make sure she didn't go?
I just texted her to make sure. Waiting to hear back.

They said the fire at JFK was unrelated in one of the articles, thought it was just a fire in one of the mechanical rooms. Not sure if that's accurate.

EDIT: Jen has checked in, she didn't go to the Marathon today, for the first time in years. Sounds like all of OT is accounted for, and my cousins that live in Plymouth have popped up on Facebook. I dont think any of my other Mass family members would have gone.

#82,824 · (Edited)
I just texted her to make sure. Waiting to hear back.

They said the fire at JFK was unrelated in one of the articles, thought it was just a fire in one of the mechanical rooms. Not sure if that's accurate.
Just watched the press conference with Boston PD and they said the JFK Library explosion was related. Just watched it couple minutes ago. Let us know when you hear back from her.

And Jared so do I, and that was a good one. There probably was no one to evacuate.

EDIT: Glad Jen is safe! And your family Joey. Thanks for the update.

#82,825 ·
Good to hear Joey, thanks for the update.

Any errors in this post are purely Swype's fault, not mine.

#82,826 ·
Here ya go

Sent from my XT901 using Bimmer App
That's not a hairline crack, that's a big a$$ crack! The good news is you've got clear access to the crack if you know someone that's got a heli-arc or some other inert gas welder. I'd run a bead down the part of the crack on the outboard side and it should be good for temporary service and probably will hold for one autocross session.

#82,828 ·
My friend just sent me this, good thing to keep in mind as we watch all of this unfold.

:thumbup: I miss Mr Rogers

#82,829 ·
Guys, I am fine...and my friends and co-workers (runners and spectators) are all safe. Some of my team still on lockdown at the client's downtown office. Very stressful day. Will post more later. Love to you all and thanks for thinking of me.

#82,831 · (Edited)
That's not a hairline crack, that's a big a$$ crack! The good news is you've got clear access to the crack if you know someone that's got a heli-arc or some other inert gas welder. I'd run a bead down the part of the crack on the outboard side and it should be good for temporary service and probably will hold for one autocross session.
Yea I noticed it was huge when took those pics today lol. Didn't look that big lastnight.

Iv'e searched this thread all damn day for that pic I added of my last alignment and can't find it :mad:
Gettin the car aligned tomorrow and was curious what it was last time. Im running 0 toe up front with -2 or -2.5 camber. As for the rear im running .20 total toe in and can't really change the camber.

#82,832 ·
Nope...the ear on the diff cover

Sent from my XT901 using Bimmer App
No bueno, Jesse. Also looks like you're due for new diff bushings, so perhaps this is a good thing. ;)
Yea throw some new bushings in there. It's easy with the cover off. I love my akg ones, but any poly will probably be fine and easy to install (not no name ebay though )

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Bimmer App

#82,836 ·
Very interesting quote by Morgan Freeman after the Newtown incident.

You want to know why. This may sound cynical, but here's why. It's because of the way the media reports it. Flip on the news and watch how we treat the Batman theater shooter and the Oregon mall shooter like celebrities. Dylan Klebold and Eric Harris are household names, but do you know the name of a single *victim* of Columbine?

Disturbed people who would otherwise just off themselves in their basements see the news and want to top it by doing something worse, and going out in a memorable way. Why a grade school? Why children? Because he

#82,837 · (Edited)
Dylan Klebold and Eric Harris are household names
I am blissfully unaware of who either of those two people are. So, ha two unknown people.

Disturbed people who would otherwise just off themselves in their basements
I support crazy people killing themselves in their basement.:thumbup:

#82,838 ·
I'm not saying I completely agree with it, I just think it's something to think of after any type of catastrophe like what happened today.

Either way, the responsible parties need to be punished whether or not they gain media fame.

#82,839 ·
I am blissfully unaware of who either of those two people are. So, ha two unknown people.

I support crazy people killing themselves in their basement.:thumbup:
That's only because you're 12. Everyone else knows them ;)

It should also be noted that their attack happened during the federal assault weapons ban and with guns and 10 round magazines fully compliant with the ban, so that's something to remember next time people talk about an assault weapons ban preventing another Sandy Hook or Aurora....

#82,840 ·
That's only because you're 12. Everyone else knows them ;)

It should also be noted that their attack happened during the federal assault weapons ban and with guns and 10 round magazines fully compliant with the ban, so that's something to remember next time people talk about an assault weapons ban preventing another Sandy Hook or Aurora....

Chad, if you have a chance please text me I have a few questions about insurance claims.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.