BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Google/Panoramio/Street Viewer missing in BMW Live

16K views 79 replies 16 participants last post by  larry_bml 
#1 ·
Hi guy,

Need some kind assistance here.

#2 · (Edited)
Apologies guys, press submit too fast.
As per topic, I had gotten my 2012 F10 enabled with BMW Live by a coder as per attached:
Vehicle Car Technology Electronics Multimedia

But seems that the Google Local Search, Panoramio, Street Viewer is missing as per showcase by others:
Vehicle Car Luxury vehicle Personal luxury car Multimedia

Wonder if anybody have such experience & kindly point out what might be the missing code so that I could get the coder to perform the necessary?

Appreciate.

#3 ·
Apologies guys, press submit too fast.
As per topic, I had gotten my 2012 F10 enabled with BMW Live by a coder as per attached:
View attachment 356015

But seems that the Google Local Search, Panoramio, Street Viewer is missing as per showcase by others:
View attachment 356016

Wonder if anybody have such experience & kindly point out what might be the missing code so that I could get the coder to perform the necessary?

Appreciate.
Under Services, is BMW Live listed?

Is you Phone Paired with a working Internet over Bluetooth connection?

#5 · (Edited)
#7 ·
No, you loose nothing except BMW Assist, which for me I hated loosing only because of the Google Send-To-Car feature.

#27 ·
That makes sense, I put everything back to default, but will try again when I get back in town next week.

Has anyone tried to code the bmw assist premium features without having to pay for them.
Aren't the "premium features" human based (concierge)?

#42 ·
I notice with BMW Online I could change region/country, but with BMW Live I can't... so might worth a shot to activate BMW Online, change the country, so the car "remembers" it (like for my case), then deactivate it and leave BMW Live behind while sticking to the country that we change with BMW Online :rofl:

#43 ·
POI Google Search

I have successfully coded and enabled BMW Live (2011 BMW F10 with 614 & 615), I then setup the country to UK and I get all the functions as per image 1 including Google Search. However, I cannot access 'Google Search' from the Nav POI screen as per Image 2, it is grayed out. Is there away to enable this option through coding? Thanks in advance...

Attachments

#44 ·
I have successfully coded and enabled BMW Live (2011 BMW F10 with 614 & 615), I then setup the country to UK and I get all the functions as per image 1 including Google Search. However, I cannot access 'Google Search' from the Nav POI screen as per Image 2, it is grayed out. Is there away to enable this option through coding? Thanks in advance...
Seems that your system is HU CIC while mine is on HU NBT therefore no luck yet. :(

#53 ·
I have the following settings:

HU_CIC -> 3000 -> CONNECTED_DRIVE (nicht_aktiv)
HU_CIC -> 3003 -> Online_Services (nicht_aktiv)
HU_CIC -> 3003 -> Online_Services_GLS (nicht_aktiv)
HU_CIC -> 3003 -> Online_Browser (nur_bmw_internet_aktiv), possible selections: nur_bmw_online_aktiv, nich_aktiv, beide_aktiv. May be I should select beide (both) aktiv?

#55 · (Edited)
Here are my current settings:

HU_CIC -> 3000 -> CONNECTED_DRIVE (nicht_aktiv) - seems like aktiv just renames the menu, from BMW Services to Connected Drive
HU_CIC -> 3003 -> Online_Services (aktiv)
HU_CIC -> 3003 -> Online_Services_GLS (nicht_aktiv)
HU_CIC -> 3003 -> Online_Browser (beide_aktiv)
HU_CIC -> 3003 -> Online_Browser_Live (aktiv)

Now I have both, Internet and BMW Live working.

After starting BMW live it asked my email, country (interesting thing, the most applications are available for the GB, so you can select GB, add applications (such as Wiki Local), and revert back to your european country (for America or Asia there no services at all) and added applications will work despite they are not officially available to your country. The functional is poor, but it is better than nothing...

But I have few questions:

1) What is the difference between BMW Online and BMW Live? BMW Online is the alias for Internet with the same functionality?
2) I've received confirmation email from https://www.bmw-assist-login.com/cdp/release/liveinternet/servlet/register, but there is no password (I never entered it) and the password can be received as SMS to my phone number (which I did not entered anywhere also). How can I get password and what can I do with my registration on BMW ConnectedDrive website if ConnectedDrive is not officially offered in our country?

#56 ·
Google/Panoramio/Street Viewer are missing from my BMW Live also, and Applications comes up with an error. News, Weather and Browser work fine.

My car is a December build F30 with NBT.

I have coded the following:
HU_CIC -> 3003 -> CONNECTED_DRIVE (already aktiv)
HU_CIC -> 3003 -> Online_Services (aktiv)
HU_CIC -> 3003 -> Online_Services_GLS (aktiv)
HU_CIC -> 3003 -> Online_Browser (aktiv)

My car has 609, 614, 615, 6NF, 6NK.

I set BMW Live country to Great Britain but still no Google/Panoramio/Street Viewer.

Any ideas?

I do notice the car has 810 (National Version Australia), could that be restricting some BMW Live features.

#61 ·
I have the same problem and tried to look for a coding solution to no avail.
Will be great if someonce can solve this probelm !!!
I can however, access Google Search from BMW Live but only when the car is in 'Park' or the Handbrake is engaged.

This will be another gem, if we can have BMW Live/Interenet In Motion. I have observed that to access it, only the Handbrake need to be engaged even if the car is in Drive mode. Again, I tried to look for coding solution but with no success.

#65 ·
I have a 2013 and I do see streetview but it is disabled when the car is in motion. Anyone know the code to keep on?

#70 ·
What is the use case of Streetview?

It seems a bit useless to me. If it was a live streetview feed with nav instructions that would be a different story....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.