BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Convertible won't lower...

11K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  iversonm 
#1 ·
I just received a 128i covertible as a loaner while my car is being repaired, it's a brand new one with only 300 miles. Is there some special trick to lowering the top? I tried everything I could think of including:
1- Putting my foot on the brake, having it in park, lowering the windows, making sure the trunk was empty, etc.
I can't think of what I might be missing, whenever I press the button to lower the top I get the convertible picture in amber with a warning light.
Thanks for any help!

#2 ·
Open the trunk, and pull down the divider that separates the trunk contents from the top. It folds up to give you more space, but you need to fold it down to lower the top.

#3 ·
Before opening the convertible top, pull the cargo area partition down until it engages. Ensure that pointed objects do not press against the cargo area partition from below.
The convertible top can only be opened when the cargo area partition is folded. You will find this in the trunk.

#6 ·
I'd tell you I didn't have the same problem, but there's a strong possibility that I'm lying.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.