BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
6M views 104K replies 316 participants last post by  tim330i 
#1 ·
There has been a bunch of OT threads lately, so i think we should try to keep it all the ot talk in one place. I know the e36 forum rocks, and all the other forums suck big time :bigpimp:, yet we need to stay on topic....

#66,421 ·
same, most people in my town see the roundel and associate it with money. it's associated with money.. just not the way they think :rofl:
LOL
Most people don't know the value of a BMW, which works out well for us, as we can get cheaper older BMWs and look good doing it.
Yep. I get mean mugged by people all the time. STARE. STARE STARE/

#66,422 ·
Yea I grew up in small town VA, and I bought my first BMW @ ~$7k, and it was 8 years old at the time. Got all kinds of looks and comments. GF's dad buys her a BRAND NEW ACCORD COUPE for about 23k and no one says a thing. WTF?

#66,423 ·
Yea I grew up in small town VA, and I bought my first BMW @ ~$7k, and it was 8 years old at the time. Got all kinds of looks and comments. GF's dad buys her a BRAND NEW ACCORD COUPE for about 23k and no one says a thing. WTF?
Exactly. Got more comments than you would have believed in college about the Jaguar (which I paid $7200 out the door) from people driving brand new Corollas and Civics at 20k.

Also got a lot of comments on my 540i/6 when I was a teller from people driving brand new Accords and Maximas.

Always made me laugh. Reality was, I couldn't have afforded their cars.

Sent from my LG Revolution 4G using BimmerApp

#66,427 ·
Basically it boils down to ignorance. They claim it will 1) ruin fuel economy, 2) cause the car to stall frequently, 3) ruin the engine, 4) insert other horrible things here

What really happens is this; your car goes whoosh when shifting. There's no change in MPG because its just the unburnt fuel getting sent through your exhaust, no more is being used, just the unburnt is expelled. No stalling issues for myself or any others running the TurboXS BOV that I can find searching NASIOC. How can it possibly ruin the engine? Impossibru.

I love the sound, its looks pretty BA, and it'll make me shoot flames :eeps:
Nice, love it man.

Most people don't know the value of a BMW, which works out well for us, as we can get cheaper older BMWs and look good doing it.
lol

#66,428 ·
GXP is very rare indeed, made for a very short time before Pontiac's demise.

Nay.

G8:
Base: v6, who cares
GT: L76, the LS frankenengine w/6.0L
GXP: LS3, 6.2L

#66,429 ·
#66,431 · (Edited)
I thought you were talking about the gt, my bad.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Bimmer App
It's cool. I'm the resident holden hoar here. I suffer from displacement envy and torque withdrawl.

But bang for the buck, my e36 is so gawddamn fun.

#66,435 · (Edited)
Lol, I read the rest oh the questions though, was that like a 4th grade test or something? :lmao:
No it is not a 4th grade test but I think that would make it even funnier watching all the 4th graders get confused when some of their friends start laughing at question 20. It is actually a collage course, ESC102 01 Planet Earth to be precise. If you can believe it in high school I took an easier earth science course. The test had questions like
What is a hole in the ground that lava comes out of?
A. Volcano
B. Hurricane
C. River
D. Sedimentary rock
Plus when you think it can***8217;t get any easier you realize that the three wrong answers always go to three different questions. I got a A without even opening the book. Although I do not think pot was ever an answer to a question.

#66,440 ·
No it is not a 4th grade test but I think that would make it even funnier watching all the 4th graders get confused when some of their start laughing at question 20. It is actually a collage course, ESC102 01 Planet Earth to be precise. If you can believe it in high school I took an easier earth science course. The test had questions like
What is a hole in the ground that lava comes out of?
A. Volcano
B. Hurricane
C. River
D. Sedimentary rock
Plus when you think it can't get any easier you realize that the three wrong answers always go to three different questions. I got a A without even opening the book. Although I do not think pot was ever an answer to a question.
Dude, are you effing kidding me? That's a COLLEGE test? :yikes:

Psst! Hiiiiii!!! ;)

Sent from my SCH-I405 using Bimmer App
Holy hell, look what the cat dragged in...

Sent from my LG Revolution 4G using BimmerApp

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.