BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Was overtaken by my own car today....

3K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  760Lifan 
#1 ·
Hi,

I was somewhat surprised when I saw my own car, a 2006 BMW M5 Sapphire Black, in the rearview mirror today and was passed a moment later. My first thought: "how can I see the front of my own car in the mirror?:yikes:

I was driving in Land O Lakes, Florida on SR 54 heading West. Maybe it was somebody from this board. All I know is that the plate was from Florida as well.

That was very funny: The first time I saw an M5 while driving one - and it looked exactly like mine..:rofl: :rofl: I'm sure that doesn't happen very often since there aren't too many out there, especially not in my area...:dunno:

BTW, Just got a call from my brother: While I was writing this post, my brother passed a black 4.8is on the way to Clearwater, Fl...:confused:

What's going on today??:yikes:

#3 ·
BmW745On19's said:
Are you sure it wasn't a pristine Jet Black BMW 745i on 19's?;)
:nono: :nono: :nono: :D

#6 ·
silverstone said:
I was driving my new M5 in L.A. last week and I was one of three brand new E60 M5's in a row, just by chance.
Wow, that must have been a thrill....

#7 ·
Well, here in Cincinnati I saw another M5 on the road for the first time in 6 months! I'm pretty sure it was the owner of the BMW Store - he has a sapphire black with indy red interior. I gave thumbs up and honked, but he didn't see me.

#9 ·
CenterBmw said:
I want to take time to compliment you on your choice of fine automobiles....Excellent! Is that a 4.8? And a 760 maybe?? Awesome.
Thanks! You guessed right (twice)!

#10 ·
I just posted a thread in the E39 section, because that's what I have, asking about how many people there are on here from Florida.

Have you guys (760Lifan, bmwexecutive) noticed a lack of people on the fest from Florida? It seems to me as I look through the forum, the majority, or at least a good sum of the members, are located in California.

#11 ·
spiker322 said:
I just posted a thread in the E39 section, because that's what I have, asking about how many people there are on here from Florida.

Have you guys (760Lifan, bmwexecutive) noticed a lack of people on the fest from Florida? It seems to me as I look through the forum, the majority, or at least a good sum of the members, are located in California.
Yes, spiker322, there aren't that many BMW-fanatics in my area (Tampa Bay). I noticed that, too. But don't ask me why!?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.