BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

M Dynamic mode: driving impressions?

1K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  t_bucella 
#1 ·
I have ordered my M3 for delivery in late April. I wanted a car with only a few options for both cost and "purity" reasons (I want to hear the V8, not the stereo). So I elected to pass on the technology package; although I did order the electronic damper control. I keep thinking about the M dynamic mode of the DSC. The idea that I could push the car to the edge of its limits and still have a safety net is appealing. There is probably still a few days to change my ordered configuration.

So my question is: What are the driving impressions of folks who have used this feature aggressively? here are some specific questions:

1. Does it still seem to come on too early?

2. Does it only help in limited situations? If so when?

3. Does it come on too late?

4. Is it more abrupt than the normal DSC when it does come on? (Or is it smooth and seamless sending you where you pointed?)

5. Will it ignore wheel slip in a straight line and not shut down the throttle?

Normally I just turn off the stability control when it's time to have fun... but I have had some close calls.

Bottom line: is it of marginal utility and you'll turn it off anyway, or, is it a very worthwhile feature?

I would appreciate real world feedback from people who have really pushed their M3s as I have already read all of the BMW literature I can find on this (what little there is). I know that this feature has been around a while so any impressions from someone who has used this on an E46 would also be appreciated.

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.