BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Anyone in PA do any coding for a fee?

1K views 24 replies 5 participants last post by  spankey 
#1 ·
I live in eastern Pa and am looking for someone who can do some coding on my 07 335xi
Looking for mirrors with key fob lock
Angel eyes as daytime lights
Would love to delete the orange parking lights as we'll with lights on.
Pm if you are close to the KOP area
Thanks
Spankey

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app

#2 ·
Helix in roxborough does

#8 ·
Can't find the name to pm is that the correct user name?

No it's a shop in Philadelphia, not a user name on here

#5 ·
You might want to check this out after you get bids for coding. I have the lite app and the BT dongle and since they both work am about to get the paid app. Total of around $100 and if I am reading right, they'll help with the coding after that as a benefit of buying the app. I think... I have also seen lots of happiness in the thread.
http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=779496&highlight=bmwhat

Though, you might need something other than BT with '07 and I think that year may or may not be capable of coding through the app. I mean some can and some can't.

#15 ·
Confirming for the investment below I did 30 or 40 code changes and can do as many as I want going forward for no more cost. Helix is probably great for people near it and for people who don't want to use an app but others should look up BMWhat app on Android and iOS by iviniapps.

#7 ·
I'm an IT guy and ponder trying to do this myself? I guess all I need is an OBD USB cord and my laptop and some software.
Just nervous as I don't write any code in my current job and don't want to brick my system.

#9 ·
I'm an IT guy and ponder trying to do this myself? I guess all I need is an OBD USB cord and my laptop and some software.
Just nervous as I don't write any code in my current job and don't want to brick my system.

Coding is pretty safe and you can't really mess anything up. Flashing is what can get tricky and that's where you can start bricking modules etc

But with coding, you can use expert mode in NCS to default modules.

There's always a way to reverse coding. Flashing however, if you mess up in a certain way, the unit is bricked.

#12 ·
Props to Helix Motorsports in Roxborough! Stopped there today and they coded my car! They are awesome! The contact there sent me a code list via email and I was able to select what I wanted! Done in 20 minutes!
I'll be buying my Brake pads from them based from the awesome experience with them!
Thanks Helix!

#22 ·
There are bluetooth and wifi versions of vgate dongles.

However, bluetooth only works with android based phones. WiFi only works with iPhones

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.