BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Non BMWs parking on lot?

8K views 62 replies 34 participants last post by  Brad323i 
#1 ·
Would the lot attendants turn down entry of a non BMW at bimmerfest?

#4 ·
I think that's a good idea (some people that want to come see it may not have a BMW or are in-between BMWs at the moment).

For cars not wanting to park in the main BMW lot, will they still be charging the entry fee?

#3 ·
Dont bring your POS non-BMW to the fest, its a disgrace.

Just kidding, my friend brought an audi last year without a problem. There will be plenty of non-bmw's there. So long as you are interested in the cars, go ahead and come.

#10 ·
:tsk:

#13 ·
Since people were getting turned away last year after the lot filled up, I'm with you.

Yes. This is Bimmerfest as in BMW-exclusive.

We have made arrangements with the CEO of the showgrounds for them to open up a separate parking area for non_BMWs beginning around 10:30.

There will be a substantially reduced fee of $5.
10:30 might be a little late for the availability of alternate parking, unless there are other alternatives within easy walking distance.

#16 ·
Well the person who would be bringing it has been the the past 5 or 6 years of the 'fest and has owned 5 Bimmers. A long time member of the community doesn't currently have a BMW but wants to come in the closest thing he has to one at the time... a sentra dressed as an e30. It will be great for some laughs at the least.

#17 · (Edited)
If Aren is dressing that thing up he might as well go all the way and make some //M fenders outta cardboard while he is at it. or not.

I don't think that the entrance attendants will be able to see the difference.

#18 ·
Haha, that thing isn't half that bad, but I say no.

Like someone else said, people WITH BMWs were being turned away last year because of a full lot. I would hate to see that happen again this year.

#23 ·
So you guys will let Porsches and Mercedes in, but a Nissan with a sense of humor isn't allowed? That is a nice double standard there. :rolleyes didnt' anyone look around last year at the amount of non BMWs on lot? IMO if you can't get there before the lot fills up, tough! You know what you are getting yourself into.

Vroomer: I know the cost of E30s has fallen, but has it seriously gone below the cost of a cardboard box and black spraypaint?

#24 ·
Vroomer: I know the cost of E30s has fallen, but has it seriously gone below the cost of a cardboard box and black spraypaint?
Depends on where you look.. The cost of BUYING a BMW.. :thumbup:

Now the coast of ownership, that's a totally different story. :rofl:

Story for you. The weekend before I purchased my Coupe, I went up to Fresno with a friend to check it out and a 1988 4-Door 325. Aside from it needing a new timing belt (a $100 part + $??? in labor for that job.. about $1000), it didn't need anything. He paid $1500 for it.

It's all about knowing where to look and who to turn to. Some deals aren't advertised. ;)

Finally, the cardboard body kit was MY idea. and it is a Z4 mod. :p :rofl:

#29 ·
sorry for coming off as a little harsh, but you guys need to understand. Aren, my boyfriend with the Sentra, and myself, have been coming to bimmerfest for the past 5 years. He has always brought a BMW to the event. This year he doesn't have one but still wants to bring his little E30 want to be. He sold E30 #4 to buy the Sentra, and Vroomer: it is worth twice as much as your friend's E30. The car is not a hooptie, and I feel that some of you guys need to get off your BMW pedestal and realize that not every BMW enthusiast drives a BMW.

Having the Sentra parked with the E30s would be great for a laugh. We know this as a fact, we have crashed plenty of E30 meets with the car. If you can***8217;t have a sense of humor and allow this car in, fine. Just another example of Bimmerfest becoming less and less about the community and more and more about show cars.

#30 ·
...Just another example of Bimmerfest becoming less and less about the community and more and more about show cars.
Seriously, with less than 3 days to go and being swamped I have more important things to worry about than a psuedo-bimmer Nissan wanting to park on the lot. I'll tell you one thing, though, it would have been much nicer for you to contact us in private rather than dis the event in public in dramatic fashion.

...Just my $02...

#33 ·
This will be my 4th Bimmerfest, and I'd like to just say that I've always really liked the idea of "Bimmers only" for this event. I don't care if you have a Ferrari, a Mercedes SLR, or a pimped out Lambo Gallardo (bleh).... if you park in the main lot, you're taking a space reserved for the '95 328si who was turned away. It's BIMMERSFEST! We're celebrating a particular marque and the cameraderie and common interests that goes with a huge group of Bimmers all gathered in one place at one time. There are plenty of "Euro" meets and other car events where anybody can go... Bimmerfest is unique!

Just my $.02

:)

#35 ·
I don't think there was too much drama... it's seems that every year there is a discussion on the same topic in at least one thread anyway. BTW, I think that your particular car (if it were completed with the full effect of the kidney grills, etc.) would be very interesting at Bimmerfest... and probably wouldn't get turned away just for the fact that no one would notice at the gate with the cars pouring in. I certainly think you qualify as a BMW enthusiast! So, just FYI I wasn't directing my post at you...

:)

--J.

#36 ·
Thanks Johnathan. Aren still wants to take the Sentra. I seriously didn't mean to start anything when I asked. I couldn't find an email, and I thought that the discussion forum for bimmerfest would be the best place to find the answer. I simply wanted an answer, not rolleyes or insults.

#40 ·
If the lot is full when I arrive and there are NON-BMWs on the lot/in the mix, I will turn right around and leave the Fest. You'll never have to worry about me tainting the Fest with any of my cars again.

Hopefully some of the E9s make it on to the lot.

The admission price of NON-BMWs should be TWICE the price of BMWs. Sponsors aren't there for NON-BMWs.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.