BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Performance Edition Package

1K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  Munich77 
#1 ·
#4 ·
When I first saw this a while back my thought was this is a twofold move.

First, test the waters and see if people are willing to pay for this type of tuned performance. Offering it retroactively to existing customers is a nice benefit to this type of upgrade.

Second, this is the replacement plan for the 'i' 's' model.

This is actually quite common with enterprise software and a fine model for making extra money on the same product. When you deploy the package it's all there, what functionality you have access to is based on license key(s) you purchase and enter.

#5 ·
Unfortunately it is highly unlikely. For the 3 series BMW Performance Parts also had a performance package available that included better oil cooler and upgraded cooling (bigger fan and reprogram). The Performance Edition gives you extra HP without the other features of the performance package. I wish BMW would make it available but I think it is more of a marketing ploy to get people to buy the last of the E90s. With the new 3 series just around the corner that added performance package might be enough incentive for some customers. The retroactive flash is a good way to make money for BMW. I assume the flash is designed to work will all versions of the N55 E90 software so that there is not a lot of labor required.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.