BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Saw an M6 on the streets of L.A.

2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  B-Mer 
#1 ·
I was waiting to make a right turn on to Glenoaks Blvd in Glendale, and I noticed a 6er stopped at the limit line in the right lane clesest to me. When I gave it a second look, I noticed its rims and they were the thin 5 double-spoked rims, but they were extremely dirty. I started to question if that was an M6 in my mind. It was a great possibility that it was being tested by one of the major automobile magazines. In the past I've noticed various new cars being tested on Glenoaks blvd. The cars they are testing usually bare Michican plates or California plates issued for dealers. With that in mind I made a right turn after the 6er at passed me. I followed behind it and noticed the four signature M exhausts sticking out of a new bumper (sorry I have absolutely no pictures to share with you, which is a damn shame. Just trust that I observed the car with an objective point of view to begin with, and questioned its genuiness at all times.) The color seemed to be the silver with a baby blue(?) tint to it, like the last generation M5 offered. There were no badges that signified whether it was an M6 or 645. I pulled next to it and didn't get a good view of the roof. I could not tell if it was carbon fiber or not. The front end looked great. It did not have a front licence plate ruining the front kit on the car. It was definately the M styled front bumper with the three gaps. I looked awesome, the car was outstanding, the pictures I've seen have not done it and justice. The driver was an elderly white male with a beard and glasses. He had on a hawaiin shirt with a laptop seated next to him. There were dealer plates on the back of the car. There was a black 545i following close behind which was full of equipment it had a little camera set up on a stand inside the car directed at the M6 and there were other things like the number of antennas that were placed on top of the 5 series. I didn't see any of those measuring devices that are attached to the wheels on the 6 series. It was the last thing I was expecting to see rolling on the streets of Glendale :thumbup: It looks great. I want an M6. :D

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.