bmw z3 3.0 45000 2001

Still drivable but radiator pushed in and fan etc ++
cannot get boot open

Any idea regarding repair costs?

Many thanks for your replies.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
I can give you some US prices, not sure how they compare to the UK but I just finished rebuilding a completely wrecked M coupe. Used hood 700-900, new bumper cover, 425, used bumper 150, used radiator support 100-150, new radiator 140, new kidney grills 80, new aftermarket lights 200-500 depending on what you like. Also up there is the AC fan and power steering cooler. Paint is whatever the going rate is there for you. It looks like your bumper cover is usable but you are better off with an undamaged hood. That will take too much time and bondo and you will still be unhappy with the results.

Not knowing the history of the car, while it is going to be that far apart, you should consider a new water pump, thermostat, belts etc. It is much needed around 100,000 km and would be a piece of cake while you had everything else apart.

#3 ·
I had almost the same accident and damage. Same hood damage, passenger lite busted, front fan gone. My radiator was OK though.

Doing all the mechanical work and buying the parts myself, I'd say $2500 USD plus the cost for painting. If you are not a DIY'er, it will be a lot more , for labor.

New hood was $1050 to my door
Fan and shroud was $350
Bumper cover was $300
used set of lights was $300
Grilles $150
Misc - $300

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.