BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Status® Update

14K views 102 replies 22 participants last post by  jpoet 
#1 ·
This is what the most recent status update looks like from the dealer side in case you are interested...

Attachments

See less See more
#11 ·
Well guys today was the day. Order in, waiting for the production number, my guy said he should have it by tomorrow. let the wait games begin.

Alpine White 335i
Sport Line
Dynamic Handling Package
HK sound
NAV
PDC
heated front seats
6 speed manual.

#20 ·
Nice !!!!!!

I thought I'd give you guys a chance to see what your dealer actually sees (i.e., screenshot) when performing a status update inquiry,
The printed version loses the green circles which has visual appeal... :)

Nice Jon, Just got my Vehicle Inquiry and Vehicle Inquiry Status from Our CA Pat Springer at BWM of San Diego. We are Status 112 and have a Productions # to now track the progress for a Fall PCD. Thanks for all your updates and questions you have answered for us. Can't wait to see your new Bimmer. You will have it a few months sooner than us. We will be making some trips up to Santa Barbara in the Fall once we get back from the Cross Country Trek.:bigpimp::thumbup:;) See you at some of those great SB Eateries. I hear Lito's is great Mexican Food, saw it reviewed on Diners , Dives and Drive Ins last Week:thumbup:

#28 ·
Mine was pushed back from July 6th completion to July 7th. Is in the paint shop now. More than likely it is not being overwhelmed with production orders but either the regular post-factory-startup glitches or just continued problems with F30 assembly that are slowing things up and preventing them from running at capacity.

#34 ·

Attachments

#36 ·
Awesome !

NWS/PARENTAL ADVISORY/WARNING EXPLICIT LYRICS
Please pardon the language, and maybe turn the volume down low, but soon I'm gonna be singing this song...

:angel:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7yfISlGLNU&feature=related
Congrats Jon !!!!! Anchors Aweigh !!!!:thumbup:;):bigpimp: Love T Pain Song. Is that Adam Samberg also in that Video ? Just noticed your Business Card has what appears to be a 2012-13 335i Sport Melbourne Red. My New Baby in a few Months. Are you going to change pictures ?, And put your new beautfiful M Sport Estoril Blue on when it arrives.:bigpimp: ? Keep us informed of your progress:thumbup: Ours is due to be finished production July 19th for a Fall PCD :bigpimp:

#37 ·
Poop Happens

Ahh... The Mignon... I've been seeing the name of that vessel for many years...

Let's just pray that history doesn't repeat what happened to another BMW carrier a few years back, the Wallenius vessel Tricolor... <--- click

I lost a couple of my customers' sold orders on that one...

:eek:

Congrats Jon !!!!! Anchors Aweigh !!!!:thumbup:;):bigpimp: Love T Pain Song. Is that Adam Samberg also in that Video ? Just noticed your Business Card has what appears to be a 2012-13 335i Sport Melbourne Red. My New Baby in a few Months. Are you going to change pictures ?, And put your new beautfiful M Sport Estoril Blue on when it arrives.:bigpimp: ? Keep us informed of your progress. Ours is due to be finished production July 19th for a Fall PCD
I hate to say it, but I changed the color to Alpine White after weeks of deliberation... That is Andy Samberg in the video. At 51 years old I wouldn't normally be aware of or listening to this type of music, but I saw this video on SNL and loved it..

:thumbup:

#51 ·
#66 · (Edited)
From my understanding, when it is at port, it is being prepped for shipping and waiting on a boat.

When you call the 1-800-831-1117 number for BMW NA, say vehicle production status, provide your partial VIN(last 7 numbers/letters of VIN) or your production order number, then tell them it's an order number or a VIN.
When they tell you it is in transit, check this website http://www.2wglobal.com/www/WEP/index.jsp.
Select customer center and click track and trace.
Next enter your entire VIN number (you can get it from your dealer) into the Cargo ID box, then click track. If you have a problem, make sure you entered it in the correct box. It's the box to the right of the words "cargo ID"

This should pull up the name of the ship you are on, the port your car is destined for, and the approximate date it will arrive in port. If you click on the voyage number link, it will pull up the destinations for your ship and the approximate dates in a seperate window.

You can then track your ship (if in range of shore beacons) with this website http://www.marinetraffic.com/ais/. If it is in range, you should be able to find it by typing in the ship name.

If it is not in range of shore, you can use this website http://www.sailwx.info/shiptrack/index.html Enter in your ships name (or the call sign if the name does not work) and it will give the last reported position. The call sign is available on the Wallenius Wilhelmsen Logistics website (first link I pointed to above). Sometimes the ship will not report very often, or at all during the transatlantic crossing, so don't worry if your ship does not update.

It's also possible that your ship will not be on a W&W ship. If that is the case, there are a few other lines, but I would try this site first as they seem to be the primary carrier of BMW cars to North America.

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask. I am awaiting my own car just as much as you are awaiting yours. Helping others as I was helped is a good feeling...plus it keeps the itch to track my car down and that makes my wife happy.

#69 ·
The Tysla has been sighted on AIS and it's probably 10 hours from the entrance to the Chesapeake Bay. It is then another few hours to Baltimore.

#72 ·
Yep, it's in Maryland. Another member's ship has docked in NY/NJ and is probably being offloaded now (the Topeka).

What stinks is that I won't be able to pick up my car until next weekend. My conference schedule next week is horrible...each day is just long enough that by the time it's done and I could drive to my dealer...the dealer will have closed. AAARRGGHH

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.