BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Who's on the Elektra

2K views 7 replies 2 participants last post by  edge9 
#1 ·
My M3 is leaving tomorrow on its long journey to California. Anyone else who wants to sulk with me I would love the company.:cry:

Voyage Details

Vessel: ELEKTRA
IMO Number: 9176577
Callsign: 9V8798
Voyage: CD244-ELX

All dates are in the format of DD/MM/YYYY.

BREMERHAVEN
GERMANY
03/11/2012

ZEEBRUGGE
BELGIUM
05/11/2012

SOUTHAMPTON
UNITED KINGDOM
06/11/2012

MANZANILLO, PA
PANAMA
19/11/2012

PORT HUENEME, CA
U.S.A.
28/11/2012

TACOMA, WA
U.S.A.
02/12/2012

See less See more
#3 · (Edited)
My 335i convertible was on the Elektra. Customs release on 11/30 and was flagged as "delivered from" on 12/3. I assume at that point it headed to the VPC. Spoke to my CA yesterday (12/6) and he told me roughly 10 days. I'm hoping that's a high side estimate. It's heading to the Bay Area, btw.

Any word on your expected delivery? Was yours an ED purchase?

#5 ·
I e-mailed BMW ED late last week and heard back this morning. Sounds like my car has cleared both customs and the VPC, has been released to the shipping company and will be at my dealer tomorrow. Hopefully it will only take them a day or 2 to get ready for me to pick up (this is my first ED and I'm not sure what's left to the dealer).

Hope you're in the same situation!

#7 ·
Oh man. Really sorry to hear that. I was actually able to pick mine up yesterday- a day earlier than expected. Overall a nice surprise that the re-delivery was only 7 weeks vs. the 8-10 quoted.

Good luck...while I can certainly commiserate with the painful wait, it makes the payoff that much sweeter.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.