BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Is throttle delay normal?

2K views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  eWERK-E60 
#1 ·
I have an 05 545i sport with K&N filter, carbon filter delete, Iridium spark plugs (new), 2012 software update, new alternator and battery. I cleaned the MAS and the throttle body very well.
For some reason, when I am at a stand still, there is a .5 to 1 second delay upon pressing the throttle. In the morning the car has no delay.
Has anyone solved this issue? Or is this just the German way?

#6 ·
Drive in sport mode all the time. If i'm not mistaken sprint booster is only a remap of the throttle response, basically it does not adds any performance but instead just gives you more power with less throttle.
Just remember that driving in sport mode might increase your fuel consumption considerably hahahahaha

#9 ·
Sprint booster is a placebo effect solution, it provides nothing more than the amplified signal to the computer - in other words you can save $300 and just stomp harder on the pedal. I'd rather have something that give me the same effect AND provides benefits like a little more HP and better fuel economy, such as the ESS tune. It's more expensive, but I'd rather pay more and get a real effect.

#10 · (Edited)
I heard sprint booster after 3/4 throttel does nothing.. is that true ? u guyswho have it installed ....,, and wouldnt be the same effect if u were just to stomp on the throttle alittle more and quicker with ur foot. ? and save the cash for maybe a tune with has more benefits and couple more ponnies ?? like pj just mentioned

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.