BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Exhaust question

2K views 8 replies 2 participants last post by  MalibuMafiaV 
#1 · (Edited)
Even though opinions on straight pipes, headers, etc. are welcome, this isn't what this post is about. I would like to know how much of a difference in sound there would be to an e46 323/328 vs a 325/330. I know the exhaust setups are different so I'm assuming different sounds?

The reason I'm asking is because I plan to do the whole resonator delete deal, and leave my stock muffler and headers. I heard the way slimklim's 325 sounds and I love it. I searched all through youtube and I couldn't find a single 323/328 with the res delete mod and stock muffler/headers so I would like to know how similar the results would be to that of a 325/330.

Thanks for the help

#2 ·
I did this first. I removed my resonators and kept stock muffler. The only change was it was more raspy at higher RPMs and that was about it. I honestly could barely hear any change at all. I might still have a video of it if you want me to search for it I'll try and post it up for you?.

#4 ·
I'll try and find it when I get home and post it if I can find it lol. If not my apologizes. I had both deleted and as I said I didn't even notice a difference other than it being more raspy at higher RPM. I finally changed out the muffler with a magnaflow and it sounded 10x better, deeper and louder. Than eventually when I put the SC on the entire sound of the whole car changed.

#5 ·
Oh okay I read that wrong, thought you said you deleted the first one.. Alright if you can't find it no worries, I'm sorta set on doing this regardless at this point. Just checking if anyone had a general idea on how it would sound compared to the 325/330. I keep hearing great things about magnaflow mufflers so I may consider that later down the road :dunno: Thanks again for your help.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.