BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Possible to wire for lights and siren?

2K views 11 replies 11 participants last post by  335obsessed 
#1 · (Edited)
I'm responsible for Public Safety and Emergency prepardness,here in my,uh,town,if you can even call it that,well its an enclave in side another town,anyhow,I'm the cheif policeman,firefighter,rescuer,and paramedic,with about 18 other people under my command,but thats irrelevant to what im about to ask. I would like to know if it is possible to wire a 335i with lights and siren,all hidden,LED lights behind the grill,white strobes in all four corners,and a siren,with controller. Im also planning on having mounts in the trunk for a Heckler and Koch G36C,and M4 Commando,with lights in the trunk that flash when the trunk is open. Does anyone know if it would be possible to wire a 335i for this?
Or else I'll have to stick with my current vehicle as a reponse vehicle,a 2001 Ford Expedition,which not built period,for chases,repsonding to high priority calls,etc.
Thanks,
Xavier L.

#4 ·
I would like to know if it is possible to wire a 335i with lights and siren,all hidden,LED lights behind the grill,white strobes in all four corners,and a siren,with controller. Im also planning on having mounts in the trunk for a Heckler and Koch G36C,and M4 Commando,with lights in the trunk that flash when the trunk is open. Does anyone know if it would be possible to wire a 335i for this?
All of this possible. British police mount hidden lights behind the grilles of all their undercover cars, which range from BMWs to Land Rovers. The F1 Safety Car, which is a Mercedes-Benz AMG CLK has strobe lights incorporated into its front lights. The siren, I expect, is a unit much like the car-alarm unit found in many BMWs on the road today. The most difficult part will likely be finding a control unit that doesn't ruin the beauty of the interior of the car.

I don't know much about mounting assault rifles in the trunk, but I'm sure there is a company out there that would be willing to do that. As for mounting the lights in the trunk, that should be no problem at all - lights could easily be connected to the power network operating the trunk-interior lights.

If you ever have all this done, will you promise to post pictures of the car when its ready?

#7 ·
http://www.fedsig.com/

http://www.seb-usa.com/

Easy to do. All the powerpacks are remote mounted in the trunks. My work trucks are strobe equipped-they have 2 switches on the dash. A good tech should be able to drill and install all wiring so it is hidden. Alternating headlights and taillights are also a good system that don't require adding any bulbs.

#8 ·
H&K:thumbup:

(oh yeah, and be sure to post pictures if you get this done!)

#9 ·
BMW Factory Patrol Car

Yeah, BMW makes all sorts of accessories for official patrol cars for cities and such. Here's a quote from an online article: "The BMW 5 Series Authority Vehicle, designed for police forces, fire services and emergency rescue services, features a firearm bracket in the rear center armrest that houses an MP 5 submachine gun and three magazines. The bracket is opened from the front seats by a switch and moves forward automatically, bringing the firearm within easy reach of the driver and passenger - perfect for those situations that call for a submachine gun at a moment's notice." Also the switches for the sirens and lights are hidden in the ashtray, plus a button for the machine guy to pop out and retract from the rear center arm rest as described. There's a pic: http://www.weblogsinc.com/common/images/5103323777719644.JPG?0.35514528064681605

I'm sure if u contact BMW directly they can help you out, but I'm not sure about being able to order such accessories from the factory. You can go to the bmw international website as well and look at their cars with builtins galore, it's amazing to see all the devices u can get with a BMW.

#10 ·
"...perfect for those situations that call for a submachine gun at a moment's notice."
Thank goodness! For the longest time, I have been searching for a convenient solution for those times when I need to reach for a submachine gun. When they screw up my order at the drive-through, it's just so gosh-darned inconvenient to have to get out of the car, open the trunk, unmount my assault rifle, and then - finally - be in a position to discuss the matter. Someone at BMW is listening.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.