BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

It is done, my 650 is gone....

2K views 13 replies 12 participants last post by  RooK77 
#1 ·
After 6 wonderful years with my 650 it has come to pass, I have moved on to another brand. The 6 has always been a daily driver for my Wife and a weekend car for me since I have a company car. She has always wanted a Jaguar so that brand become the next-car-up in the rotation. I really considered a new generation 6er, 2012 or 2013, but in the end wanted some brand variety so relented on her desire to own a Jag.

We bought a 2012 Jaguar XK convertible in Rhodium Silver and black interior. The tech portion doesn't compare to the new generation 6, but it has some nice upgrades from my previous generation CCC model. The cooled seat option is an awesome addition!

After driving this for a week and a half I must say that I really enjoy this car. It has a snappy transmission, plenty of speed, and a phenomenal exhaust note. I don't know if it is faster but it does feel like it is, but only marginally so. I took an earnest look at an XKR with 500hp, which was an absolute rocket, but decided it was too much HP for the missus to have every day. And would probably cause my leadfoot to lead me to jail.

I will still be hanging around the forum but probably not quite as much as before. It is addictive you know...:thumbup:

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Gentlemen,

Flags at half mast please!:cry::cry::cry:

Congrats Mark. :cry:

It'll be interesting to see how the Jag forums roll.

Thanks for the great advice and friendship.:thumbup::thumbup::

Don't be a stranger.

#4 ·
Congrats on the new car, it's a beauty.

#5 ·
Thanks for all the input you have been able to provide us on our cars. Been a pleasure chatting with you and looking at your (used to be) beautiful 650. I am tempted to look at other rids and do, but right now I still love mine. But I have only had it two years, and have put about 50,000 on for a total of 75000.

Besides I just had it washed today, so right now I really do love it.

Thanks again and be looking for your updates on the new ride.

#8 ·
Thanks guys, it has been a great run, I will miss the 6. It is such a great car! It was funny, I woke up at 3 in the morning and couldn't get back to sleep one night, went to the office and got on the computer to goof around until I got tired. As I have done a thousand times before I got on Cars.com and looked at various 2012 6ers and Jag's. Then I saw the one that I ended up buying, it was 4 miles from my house at the Tampa Jag dealer, CPO, in a color I liked, and had 7,300 miles.

I printed out the cars info, then finally fell back asleep. When I got up at my normal time I asked the Wife, you want to look a a car later? She is very change averse, but when I said it is a Jag she perked right up. That was her preference when we bought the 6, I wanted the 650, she wanted the Jaguar XK. I was paying for it so I won the tiebreak. This time it went to her since I wanted a change anyway. :bigpimp:

We looked at the F-Type when we are at the dealer, really BEAUTIFUL and an exhaust note that is unbelievable. But in the end too small, the Wife is used to a rear seat, even if it is for show.

This has been a top notch forum, I have received as much as I gave, this is a great group of guys. I will still still be hanging around to check on you fella's!!!

#10 ·
Congratulations Mark! I really, really like the XK. About two years ago I decided an XKR convertible was THE replacement for my 650. I test drove one and liked everything about it - until I opened the trunk. As you know, I'm an inveterate two-lane tourer and the Jag trunk would barely hold one carry-on bag (as opposed to the two bags and two day packs that nicely fill the 6's trunk and won't slide around during spirited driving). The salesman pointed out that two bags might fit if I didn't lower the top.:mad: I walked away and never looked back.

But it's a beautiful car and I'll bet it makes a great commuter. Enjoy!

#12 ·
Congratulations Mark! Very nice ride... I would be hard pressed to resist the lure of the F-type like you did ... :) thanks for all the helpful input in making this forum one of the best around. Take care, enjoy and don't be a stranger.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.