BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

New to forum, smoke included

3K views 29 replies 8 participants last post by  SlippyE34 
#1 · (Edited)
See less See more
#3 ·
I take it with your obvious iq and vehicle sympathy you are a Comissioned Officer.

#6 ·
Only trying to guide, son, only trying to guide.:thumbup:

#10 ·
Slippy, I have an idea you might actually go for. Do another burnout for us, but this time, have your video cam securely strapped to your bonnet, right behind the emblem such that hopefully we can still see in in the foreground. The tremendous acceleration ought to look spectacular.

It won't be as good if you put your cam in the cabin with you.

Apologies, I'm not a big fan of burnouts, so I'll have to live vicariously through you, if you don't mind, that is. ;)

#12 ·
As a Polic Dispatcher and ex Traffic Officer I'm no fan of burnouts either. Out here we impound cars for 1 month for driver conduct like that and THEN you go to court.

#16 · (Edited)
Lighten up. Who or what is the guy hurting on a deserted road? I suppose I am jailable for my sig pic on another deserted road?

"conduct like that" seriously? Maybe not for me in my BMW but, when I rolled the 525hp 464 Buick, it was hard not to leave trails like that:D

Here, the highest trained, the State Patrol, go to school for like six months. They come out experts in law, high speed driving, marksmanship and have also been indoctrinated to believe that they know what is best for others. That sir is a travesty, a major dis-service to the taxpayers who hire these folks for what turns out to be tantamount to a daily shakedown. It hasn't been about public saftey for decades, it has become about revenue, and it makes me sick.

#23 ·
Car looks like a stunner. +1 on Radian. If you must have 'fun' like that do it on a Drag Strip. Lets just say SlippyE34 won't be getting keys to any of my rides any time soon.......

#24 ·
Would you consider smoking your rims ? It would make your car look really wild. Please check these out :

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=650354

Of course the look would be completed by getting smoked front grills as well....wild !! And still considered sane for the E34.

#27 ·
SlippyE34 said:
Yeah I have considered plasti dipping them. Just need to find a solid 4 hours of time I can spend prepping them.
Do you realize how rare it is getting to find a set of unmolested Style 21's [aka throwing stars] nowadays? :eeps:

I strongly recommend against it. If you want black wheels on the quick, just remove the covers, but KEEP THEM WELL PROTECTED AND IN A SAFE PLACE. Style 21 spokes are black from the factory. Take a look at your spare for an example.

#28 ·
Plasti dip is completely removable without any damage done. I say go for it,and you can still get Throwing Stars from the dealer. I had a chance to get them with my car but they po wanted $500 for them and they were in terrible shape. He left them in a barn and they had a bag of fertilizer leaked all over them. I guy on bf.c bought them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.