BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

my 2006 750i

2K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  borahatch 
#1 · (Edited)
I took delivery of my 2006 BMW 750i in December 05. Great car, wonderful driving experience, fast, head turner, and very sporty with razor sharp steering. Every time before I drive this babe I pause to admire its beauty.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Problems with my 750i - Engine rattle

I have had the engine rattle problem with my 2006 750i. At first I didn't notice it as much but one time, with music off, windows open and driving on an empty quiet road, I could hear the rattle, specifically when accelerating at low RPM's at low speeds, might get worse when I select the S sports mode transmission program. Took it to the dealer, apparently seemed to have fixed the problem with a computer upgrade. After they have serviced the car, I didn't hear the rattle noise and the acceleration was better, but I noticed a different feel from the steering. In the work order sheet they stated to have reset the steering angle, any input on that?

Nonetheless, now I am starting to hear the rattle sound again, though less frequently and not as intense as before. It comes intermediately and especially when accelerating. There is some hesitation in acceleration as well. Leaves me scratching my head, and wondering what could be wrong. And just to clarify everything I always fill my BMW with premium high octane fuel. Very unfortunate, given how much I love this car, but I will be taking it to the dealership soon for further analysis and hopefully they will get rid of that annoying rattle noise and sensation for good! :rolleyes:

Attachments

#4 ·
I got mine almost fully loaded. Got it custom ordered from Germany. The options I have are:
-Sports Package with 19'' alloy wheels
-Comfort Access
-Convenience package (trunk auto close and doors soft close feature)
-Comfort Seats package with heated, ventilated and driver seat massage
-Premium Sound Package
-Heated steering wheel
-Electric rear and side window sunshade

I also got my windows tinted a week after I got my car. Love the color, black is hard to keep clean, the car is hand washed and waxed once a week. Brake dust is somewhat of a nuisance.

Attachments

#6 ·
The ride of the sport pkg is definitely firm. You will feel every bump on the road and it rides slightly lower than a none-sport model - requires more care when driving over speed bumps and dips and onto driveways. But, man, no other 4 door handles like it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.