BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Bring Ken to BimmerFest East!

12K views 160 replies 22 participants last post by  drivinfaster 
#1 · (Edited)
oh, and are we srsly gonna do a 'bring ken to bf east' fund?? drive or fly up?? how much do you think it'll be?? :dunno:

df
It'll cost us $510 (taxes incl.). I looked at:
travelocity, expedia, flightnetwork.

However from Pensacola Fl to Baltimore Md is $339 (taxes incl.)

I can chip in $35... Anyone else?

(I chose Friday to Sunday, flying back Saturday is the same price... Besides, I'm sure there will be a spare bed somewhere).

Remaining to goal:

$304.00

#6 ·
I don't know what to say! :jawdrop:

If you guys are serious (and it appears you are) I am SO humbled. I don't know why I deserve such generosity. There's no way I could make that trip on my own, and I would really like to go at least once, especially to meet all of you.

Something you should know....my mom (almost 94 YO) is getting worse by the day, and my attendance at BFE may hinge on how she's doing come August.

#8 ·
I don't know what to say! :jawdrop:

If you guys are serious (and it appears you are) I am SO humbled. I don't know why I deserve such generosity. There's no way I could make that trip on my own, and I would really like to go at least once, especially to meet all of you.

Something you should know....my mom (almost 94 YO) is getting worse by the day, and my attendance at BFE may hinge on how she's doing come August.
You deserve it Ken! You've helped out all of us, and me a LOT. :thumbup:

Of course family comes first, though. If you decide you want to stay with your mother, we would all understand.

#13 ·
The mom situation is no longer an issue. She passed away March 23rd. Went a lot faster than I thought she would, God bless her. I'm still dealing with the loss. However, my daughter now has a full-time job, and my wife is all but an invalid due to a severe injury to her knee a couple years ago. My daughter had been taking care of her much of the time. Now I am. That's a big part of why it's taking me forever to get anything done on my cars, and taking way too long on Eddie's E30. We don't have to hover over her, but she can barely get around on her own, can't drive, and needs help doing many things we take for granted. I don't know if I can arrange help to take over my place while I'm gone. I'm not trying to get out of going, I'm just stating the facts of my situation. I would REALLY like to make the trip, especially since y'all are being so generous.

#14 ·
Ken....We don't want to pressure you. What about this? We set up a Paypal account while you check on coverage. Worst case scenario is that you can't make the trip and I have to refund the money to folks (less the $3 transaction fee that Paypal charges).

Thoughts?

Jen

#25 ·
I think Jen is going to do that.....

Ladies and gentlemen, I'm IN! Barring unforseen circumstances (hurricane or other disaster) I'll be at Bimmerfest East! Detail specifics to be worked out yet, but I believe Jen is providing air miles and/or lodging (HUGE thank you to her). All I'll need is food money and a way to get around while I'm there.

I cannot put in words how much this means to me. Happy tears> :cry:

#26 · (Edited)
And here we go!!!! (see link in post #32 below) :) :thumbup:

Okay....so ideally:

1. Ken will need approx $200 for food (4x$50 per day for food ($10 breakfast, $10 lunch, $30 dinner)).

2. Next would be lodging. Does someone have a room to share? If not, we will put monies towards lodging next. The closest Starwood (Sheraton, Four Points) is 30 miles from Aberdeen, so using my points will be tough. If not, hopefully we can raise enough dough for room (or else Ken might be sharing with me :rofl:).

3. Flight I will likely take care of with Delta points. If there is money left over after the first two, then I wouldn't mind getting some (and/or add to the kitty for beer money)

And just so you know, Paypal does charge us a fee (approx 3%) so if you give $30, the Ken Fund will actually get $27. So give generously! :thumbup: If you donate early, please PM (if you're sensitive about funds) with your amount (just to make sure the feed is working).

I will post same on the main OT site.

Guess that means I need to book my hotel :rofl:

I think Jen is going to do that.....

Ladies and gentlemen, I'm IN! Barring unforseen circumstances (hurricane or other disaster) I'll be at Bimmerfest East! Detail specifics to be worked out yet, but I believe Jen is providing air miles and/or lodging (HUGE thank you to her). All I'll need is food money and a way to get around while I'm there.

I cannot put in words how much this means to me. Happy tears> :cry:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.