BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Attention all new members - Introduce yourselves

1M views 7K replies 6K participants last post by  exiteternium 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Hello and welcome to Bimmerfest if you are new here!
I would just like to say, New Member Introductions is exactly what it sounds like, so please if you have questions about how to change headlights, where to get service, or any other questions, please, post in the area designated to your model instead of here. This section is for introductions strictly. Thanks. :)

1 Series:
http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=62

3 Series:
http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5

5 Series:
http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6

6 Series:
http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=114

7 & 8 Series:
http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=36

-Kevin

See less See more
#1,842 · (Edited)
Hi everybody!

I've been browsing around here for a while now and suddenly it struck me, why not register?
My name is Sebastian and I live in Finland and I drive a 530d e61 2004 with about 135k.
Here we have all the 4 seasons and now we're waiting for snow to fall which will be a treat as always (as long as you have real wintertyres)
I hope I can be of some help to other users here :)

#1,846 ·
Hello All

Have been lurking here for a while, you guys are full of great advice and support. Ordered my F30 (335xi) on October 28th, it's currently showing "In Production".

I look forward to trading advice and ideas with everyone. Thanks for all the help you have already given me.

#1,847 ·
Hello everyone!
We ordered X3 28i in AW/Chestnut/MSport/ColdWeather/PremiumPackage/TechPackage/
LightingPackage/PremiumSound.
We had X1 sDrive for 8 months but decided to trade it in last week. So our X3 is
"in production" status and expecting delivery (PDC) by third week of November.

#1,848 · (Edited)
Hi everyone. I've been on here for about a month or two, lurking (mostly) and learning along the way.

Thanks to this site, I got a great deal on a 2014 F30 (328i,IB/Saddle Brown/Lux Line/Premium Package/Tech Package/Lighting Package/HK sound/heated front seats)from Jon and am eagerly awaiting it's arrival sometime in the next month or so (status just changed to 'being transported to the port of exit').

Look forward to the ongoing conversations!

#1,849 ·
thankful for any help!

hello everyone, hope all is well. i have an 07 328i, and i live in chicago, IL. it started to get cold a few weeks ago and since then my car has been giving me problems. it's more so the car has been having problems starting in the early morning since it's been cold. at first it slowly would not start right away, took a couple second longer, some days were better than others on the start up. a few days later it would take a couple push starts to even start. this past weekend the battery was dead. i replaced the battery, everything seemed right but now the car wont turn over, as if its about to turn over, but it won't. i'm not a mechanic, i research on the web or on youtube, but i'm not sure where to start. i'm currently un-employed with not much money to spend at the dealership. i'm hoping for a fix that i can do, please help.:eek:

#1,853 ·
Hello all, I am new to this forum and site, but I'd like to introduce myself. My handle here will be "truckpilot545" I have an 05 545i E60/N62 and I need to learn as much about the common issues with these beasts. I plan on lurking first and learning forum etiquette not sure i spelled it corectly(never really posted) so plase pardon any mistakes or grammar issues as I learn. I'm from CT and have very limited mechanical skills, but am motivated to become a diyer( just ordered software and cable for diagnostic to help myself) I really love these cars despite maintenance costs and headaches associated to them. If I ever become as knowledgeable as some on here, ill be sure to pass on my help and lend a hand to whomever is where I am now at that time. Thanks for your contributions and patience with a newb such as myself.

#1,856 ·
intro

hello, i too am new to this site. in 1966 i bought my first "sports" car-a new MGB. however i also got married that same year. with children coming our way the car had to go but my wife promise me that after the kids were gone i could get my car back. well the kids are gone and so to replace my MGB l now have a 2009 335i hardtop convertible. i have had it several years now and the warrenty has expired so now i am looking forward to doing some of the maintance myself and learning from you. thanks FRPYTLK

#1,857 ·
Hi. Just joined this forum, and wanted to introduce myself. I recently purchased a 2008 535xi wagon for my wife, making this my 8th BMW, of which 3 are still in residence (2008 535xiT, 99 540iT, 81 745i). The ones that are no longer with me: 76 530i, 2 77 530i, 85 635CSi, 88 M5. I also have 2 Lotus' - a 91 Elan and a 06 Exige. I've been an active member of various forums and email groups (my old moniker was 'gofast' in the 90s), and BMW CCA events in the past (tons of drivers schools), but over the past decade or so I became more of a lurker. Right now, I'm dealing with getting the 535xi updated, debugged, and retrofitted with some more options before I turn it over to my wife, so am about to dive into the world of BMW coding. Once I'm done with that, will be working on getting the 745i restored and running again (unless someone else wants to buy it to restore it). Samir.

#1,863 ·
Hello, found you guys while searching for information on the excessive front tire wear on my 2012 X5 35d with OEM 20" Dunlop's. This is my third X5 and currently trying to decide if I should swap out the run flats with conventional tires, overwhelmed with all the opinions and information out there.

#1,866 ·
Hello! I'm a fairly long time BMW owner. Currently have an 04 330cic which was purchased new via Euro delivery, a 2004 K1200RS (bike), and a 94 325i. I also had a 98 325i convertible a while ago. Also, I'm a wrencher and have been doing most of the work on my cars for years, so I may be able to contribute some practical knowledge, especially on the E36 and E46.