BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Item in trunk

1K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  tampamark 
#1 ·
I looked at a 2004 coupe before buying my convertible. In the trunk, on the driver's side, held in place by an elastic strap, was a plastic piece that looked like a heater vent. The elastic strap is in my convertible, but no plastic piece.

What was it? Do I need one? Am I the only one who doesn't know?

All those empty spaces in the polystyrene under the trunk floor, what are they for?

Who? Me? Paranoid? :)

#3 ·
I don't know about the strap and heater deal. But the spaces in the rear are for a Mobility Kit, it is a bottle of slime and a compressor. Since they are runflat tires and there is no spare that is an optional add-on that you can purchase separately. Here is a thread about this subject that includes pictures:

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=569554&highlight=mobility+kit

#4 ·
Thanks for replies. The item in the coupe was definitely not a warning triangle although that could have been the intended purpose for that location.

Also, as for the mobility kit, the one for sale on the BMW site says it is NOT to be used with run flat tires. but i guess if you decided to go with standard tires, that would be a useful item and storage location.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.