BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Vehicle Check due..."Since 01/2000"!!

36K views 119 replies 51 participants last post by  Psam550 
#1 ·
My car greeted me this morning with the warning that Vehicle check service is past due "since 01/2000"! Yesterday, it showed, correctly I think, that Vehicle check is due 6/2015. I'm taking the car in tomorrow to have this looked at. My car does seem to know the correct date and time. My concern is that, just as on a computer motherboard with a dead CMOS battery or CMOS reset, something lost power or was reset and an internal clock reset to base time zero. Has anyone seen this in their car?

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Mine says that I'm 40,000 miles over due. My car has only 18,000 miles:dunno:

#4 ·
Ah, so I'm not the only one with the issue!

My car has been in TWICE for this issue. My latest repair said that the repair was to...get this......replace the instrument cluster!!!!

They tried to load software and said it was fixed.....not.

We'll see what happens. I have other issue I'm contending with.

#11 ·
Ah, so I'm not the only one with the issue!

My car has been in TWICE for this issue. My latest repair said that the repair was to...get this......replace the instrument cluster!!!!

They tried to load software and said it was fixed.....not.

We'll see what happens. I have other issue I'm contending with.
Needs. They must have built your f10 during Oktoberfest, given all the problems you have had.

#5 · (Edited)
My confused car goes in tomorrow afternoon and I've always happily accepted the loaner. I would never, ever, have guessed that the instrument cluster could be at fault. I'm always happy for a software update. I do admit that I have been driving very fast lately...Warp 9+...This may mean that I have travelled so close to the speed of light that the space-time continuum has been distorted locally. Hmmm***8230;..imagine the service advisors laughing after writing up THIS "customer comment".

#9 ·
4/2010.

So that's not it.

#10 ·
I was in and out in one hour and the work performed was to do the Vehicle check and to reset the interval warning. If my story turns out to be anything like yours, and I have to take it in again, I'll be more demanding and ask for the problem, not the symptom, to be corrected.

#13 ·
My car has the same problem-says Service due since 1/2000. And it happened when they did a service, and the software update for the drivability/tip-in issue. I am just ignoring it for now but plan to call my service advisor and see what the deal is.

At least I am glad to see I'm not alone...

#15 ·
To follow up from this iDrive issue on 2/26, on 3/6 iDrive froze (locked up) and rebooted. Now I'm going to ask more sincerely about whether there is a common component which may be failing.

According to my key fob reading, my Integration plant is F010-11-03-502 and my I-Level HO is F010-12-11-503 with ***8220;New integration level available***8221; as ***8220;none***8221;.

Any idea if there is a common theme to the problems on 2/26 and 3/6?

#18 ·
Just checking in to see if anyone has been able to get the service due since 01-2000 issue fixed. I have taken my car in three times for this. So far, my SA has only reported software updates. I'm a little irritated at this point. Seems the lag issue gets resolved, then the service due comes back along with the lag.

Help! Thank you for your advice!

#20 ·
Thanks MWPos! What does replacing the CIC entail? Does that, is that, the screen that displays the iDrive functions?

Thank you for your response!

#24 ·
Thanks MWPos! What does replacing the CIC entail? Does that, is that, the screen that displays the iDrive functions?

Thank you for your response!
Yes, it is the screen that displays the iDrive system. I'm sorry to be useless, but I could not tell whether the screen had been replaced during the CIC replacement, nor do I know whether the screen and CIC are an integrated module, nor did I ask. My screen was in perfect condition except for normal dust, and when I got the car back (same day service) the only difference I could tell was that the screen was clean. The car is cleaned, inside and out, whenever it comes out of service so it's always looked better than when I've taken it in and the screen's cleanliness could have been the result of being new, or just cleaned.

I'll call my SA tomorrow and ask, and report back here.

Regards,
MWPos

#22 ·
Anyone else have their CIC replaced to fix this? :drive:
Just had mine fixed with a simple reprogram.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app

#23 ·
Needsdecaf - How long has it been fixed? Mine has been fixed with a program 3 times but comes back within a month. Do you know what program ws used to fix yours?

Thanks for your response.

#26 ·
Funny, I checked this morning and it says I am due for rear brakes in 2,400 miles and front brakes in 29,000 miles. I have 30,000 miles on the car. Both os these srtke me as odd. The front brakes usually are due before the rear. The fronts being estimated due at 60,000 miles for the first time just can't be accurate. Brakes last about 30,000 miles right? I have not had any brake service yet. Dealer did tell me that the software has a bug in it. Bug or no bug, I think my front brakes will be whistling and screeching if they have never been done and I am at 60,000 miles.

#28 ·
Oddly enough, during the last several days, I have had several people I speak with via the Bluetooth interface in my car state that my Bluetooth, mobile phone quality, was poor. I have never had anyone tell me this before, and now I have had several people complain about my connection. Is this in any way related to the CIC or is this a "new" issue? (Anyone else experience this? - I have not changed phones or phone location in my car.)

Thank you!

#29 · (Edited)
Can you think of anything you are doing differently that may be raising the ambient or background noise in the car? Windows or sunroof slightly open? AC on a high flow? Background noise will capture the sound-activated microphone and your callers will hear the background noise, not you.

#30 ·
No, I thought pretty hard about what might be different. I can not think of one thing that I am doing differently. This really has me stumped. I didn't realize how much I use it and take it for granted until I had to start using my phone off Bluetooth sometimes.

Thanks again for any insights anyone might have!

#33 ·
possibly....no, probably coincidence, but my rear brake replacement countdown had stalled at 3200 miles remaining for three weeks until this same vehicle start today. The rear brake countdown went to 3100 miles, and the "service due since 01/2000" re-appeared. The car seems fine...nothing wrong that I can feel, but the SA says that this warning is a warning that something is wrong.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.