BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Free Wiper Fluid?

2K views 22 replies 20 participants last post by  S93D 
#1 ·
Hi guys, I've done a search but couldn't find the answer to my question:

My car is due for its first oil change in March. However, today the low washer fluid light came on. Will the dealer to refill the wiper fluid for free before my oil change (i.e., is this part of the free service, even if it's not scheduled)? Thanks!

#9 ·
How can you possibly be that cheap? Are you planning on waiting until March or making a special trip to the dealer for the $0.99 in fluid?
:rolleyes:

Why do some people have to be so mean-spirited that the first thing that comes out of their mouth is an insult? Yes, I'm driving an expensive car so obviously I can afford wiper fluid.

I wanted to become informed: if someone's going to do it for free and all I have to do is pull the car up, it saves me a bunch of time because I no longer have to figure out which brand is good, go out and buy it, and then top it off myself.

#11 ·
There may be better brands, but nothing bad is going to happen if you have less than the best in washer fluid.

The quickest thing is to pull into the first auto parts store you see. Get the cheapest washer fluid. Open the hood, pour it in. You will not make much of an impression if you pull into the dealer's lot and ask to get your washer fluid filled, unless of course you are attractive, young and female -- in which case ignore everything I have written and go to the dealer. Any dealer.

#3 ·
How can you possibly be that cheap? Are you planning on waiting until March or making a special trip to the dealer for the $0.99 in fluid?

#5 ·
It was for me but the oil change service cost 100 Euro...ain't no free lunch over here!

Plus the warranty is only two years vs. the four in the U.S.

I like the Prestone brand washer fluid. It cuts through the salt and urea spray right handily. Too bad it doesn't smell as good as the BMW fluid though...

Brian

#7 ·
I don't park at wal-mart because most of the people that park there don't care about door dings and other peoples cars. Seen it before on my Mom's car when I was younger.

Plus I don't go to wal-mart because they treat their employees and customers like crap.

This has nothing to do with washer fluid but I figured I would explain some good reasons why not to park at wal-mart. :p

#14 ·
Yep. It’s hilarious to watch them trip over each other in their zeal to give her “fluids”.

Back on topic, the dealer should top off the fluids during the oil change.
That's just called good customer service.

#17 ·
It's funny how some folks rely so much on the free maintenance. It would probably cost more in petrol to drive over to the dealership than to just pick up a couple litres of washer fluid at the local auto store. I think even some convenience stores carry them. :confused:

When the 325i needed a microfilter replacement, I didn't bother making an appointment with the dealer. I just paid $30 and bought the filter myself, and installed it in about 5 minutes. Then I reset the interval for the filter. I pretty much top off all the fluids myself (coolant, washer fluid, motor oil).

Why would I want to make an appointment for next week, drive over to the dealer, and wait for god-knows-how-long?

#18 ·
I was at Walmart with my BMW yesterday :) Had to buy two sets of scrubs, then grabbed a package of Shop Towels, and I grabed 3 gallons of the RainX Winter Fluid for $2.49 each. I just parked a few spots away from other cars.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.