BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

2007 3.0si for sale!

4K views 25 replies 11 participants last post by  GZGym1 
#1 · (Edited)
I'm selling my beauty because of a relocation back to europe :cry:

I put a lot of efforts in this car and loved driving it every minute! It was only driven in summer time and never saw rain the last 3 years. Has 28.300 miles on it and comes with a BMW extended warranty until 5/2013.

Specs:

Titanium Silver / Dream Red 05/2007
ZSP Sport Package, ZPP Premium Package, Steptronic automatic,Heated seats, Rain Sensor and auto headlight, automatic climate controle, Premium hi-fi system, Bluethoot hands free, M sport front seats, Tire Presure sensors, Multi-funktion M sport steering wheel, Xenon Headlights, fully loaded except navi.

Clean carfax, purchased 12/2009 with 22.500 miles, 2nd owner.
Special features upgrades from this winter 2011/2012: M-Steering wheel, M-Front bumper, Aerodynamic side skirts, Wheels spacers 30/40 mm, K&N Air filter, Short Antenna. Value approx. $3000

I'm looking for SOLD Thank you

Attachments

See less See more
#5 ·
I was the Buyer!!!

Hi Guys,

First post here...My name is Garret. I am 25 years old and live in Perrysburg, Ohio. I was actually the buyer of this car at the beginning of May. What a great seller Stefan was! I committed to buying the car after only 5 minutes on the phone with Stefan. I wired him only $50 to immediately hold the car and call off the other interested purchasers, so I could get the logistics figured out. I believe this was on Wednesday. On Saturday of the same week, I took the train from Toledo, Ohio to Chicago where Stefan picked me up in the car. We then drove 45mins to his regular BMW Dealership. The service manager took a quick look at a few things under the hood, but would not charge me the $135 for the inspection because he could tell the car was in amazing shape! He pretty much said, don't waste your money or my time! lol. We then went to the bank, I signed a check over to Stefan and he signed over the title. After that, we got breakfast, went back to his garage, swapped license plates on the car, talked cars and I drove my new beauty home! Such a fun and exciting adventure!

This Z4 is my second BMW. My first, was a 2006 325ci with 50k miles. Triple Black with wood trim etc, etc. I bought the 325 in February of 2011 and sold it back to the dealership I bought it from in May of this year. Only 14 months of ownership because I knew I needed to upgrade.

Both BMW's but such different cars! If you want a great all-around, passenger carrying car, the 3series can't be beat in my book! Especially a drop-top. However, the Z4 is a true sports cars in my opinion. One that just a few months before I bought mine, I had no appreciation for.

Since my May purchase I have put about 13-14k miles on the car. I think it had about 24k on it, now put away for the winter I have roughly 38k on it. This is there a few questions come in...

For Winter:

* Stefan last had the oil changed at 24k miles. I stretched this oil change all the way to 14k miles and did not get a chance to change it before winter. Hopefully this is okay, as I have plans to have it done first thing in the spring. Okay here?

* I over-inflated the tires to about 55psi. Max psi I think is 51 for the RF's. I also parked the car on carpet squares. Probably a little anal.

* Wash and waxed the outside. Inside will be done in the spring.

* Covered the car.

* Put it on a Deltran battery tender.

* Scattered dryer sheets under car and two inside engine compartment to fend off any possible critters.

* Put steel wool in the exhaust pipe.

* Am I missing anything for winter?

Secondly:

* What else should I have checked come spring on the car? For two reasons, me being the new owner and the car having 38k miles on it? Fluids etc?

Issues:

* Once in a while when I first start the car it idles a bit rough. Thoughts or solutions here?

Sorry for the long post and any and all help is greatly appreciated!!!

#14 ·
... last had the oil changed at 24k miles. I stretched this oil change all the way to 14k miles and did not get a chance to change it before winter. Hopefully this is okay, as I have plans to have it done first thing in the spring. Okay here?...
... Spring is finally here... Now that the car has 38k miles on it, what things in regards to service need to be done?...
I can't believe you went from 24,000 miles to 38,000 miles without changing the oil. Did the car's oil life monitor not complain? I would have done three oil changes in that interval.
Unless you know what fluids the previous owner changed in his 24,000 miles, I would change them all -- including coolant, brake/clutch, transmission, differential. If he did not change the plugs, I would do that, too.

#6 · (Edited)
An exhaustive list... excellent attention to details work. When I use to put mine away for the winter in Boston the only "other" thing (using your list) I added was fuel (techcron additive) and I changed the oil no matter what the service internal was at. Being around boats I would add some fuel stabilizer because of breakdown- full tank. have a bmw storage doc somewhere if i find it i will send you a PM. I now live in Florida, so its a daily driver - so haven't had to do this for awhile. Cheers

#8 ·
I forgot. I added stabilizer as well. Thanks for sending the document if you have it.

Regarding the tire pressure. Correct, recommended is 38 roughly for driving. This is for storage only. My question is will 55 hurt?

Any help on my issues and questions regarding things to check in spring now that the car is mine and has 38k miles on it?

#11 ·
My Zed is an 08 3.0si Roadster with automatic transmission.
I have owned it for over a year, taking ownership Sept 27 2011.

As I still have 6 months of full factory warranty, I don't even have to pay for oil changes.
As far as regular maintenance, well I don't even have a dip stick to check oil levels !
You do that via the dash board and a push button.
Im not sure if the 07 has a dip stick.
Oil Changes are every 25000 kms !!!! (or once a year)
Again the dash on start up will indicate how many miles are left on the oil.

A comment on your intermittent rough idle on start up..
First make sure you are putting in good gas...
I discovered my Petro Canada 94 octane was 15% alcohol !
BMW recommends Shell Hi Test cause it has no alcohol ..
I use that religiously now.
Unless the rough idle becomes a regular event, and does not disappear when the engine reaches operating temperature ...
Well I would ignore it.
There is enough technology in your motor, that anything significant you would be told about.
Your car appears to have been meticulously cared for
And from your original post, it looks like that care will continue..

Last year, my first winter with the Zed ...Well unless the salt on the road was extreme ...
I found myself compelled to get her out on the road as often as I could. Plus if the sun was shining, and the temps were around freezing ...
Top down with seat heaters on max ...
Enjoy...

#13 ·
Hey Guys,

Spring is finally here! And I am putting the final touches on "releasing" my 2007 Z4 from winter storage. Being a fairly new owner and COMPLETELY new to storing a car for the winter I have a few follow up questions to my posts above.

1. I bought the car last year with 23k and it now has 38k. Now that I am the owner, what are a few general things that are good to check on the car?

2. When pulling the car out of winter storage is there a "checklist" that you guys go through? I have cleaning pretty much under control.

3. Now that the car has 38k miles on it, what things in regards to service need to be done? I know some people do the level 1 and level 2 service intervals on BMW's. Others do not. Thoughts?

4. Is there a list of fluids that I can easily check when I get the car out this weekend? And routinely check from here out?

5. Please see above for the idle issue I have occasionally. Any ideas here?

6. Can someone please direct me to the "VIN Identifier" where it tells you all the options on your car when you type in your VIN.

THANKS SO MUCH!

GZ

#15 ·
Thanks for the reply vintage42. No, the oil life monitor still says 1k miles left. I think that is BMWs "recommendation" (15k miles). That said, I plan on changing the oil every 5-7,500miles from here on out.

Thanks for the complete list of fluid changes that need to be done, not knowing what previous owner did. Anything else I should do not knowing what the previous owner did on the car?

Other things to do that are on people spring checklist?

Thanks!

#20 ·
Many of the folks that own our cars up north do store them for winter. Also many who have the Z's don't drive them on a regular basis, and I don't mean daily driver regular basis, but causual, weekend runs or sunny day only runs.

Mine is a garage queen, but I have put more miles on the my M than I ever did on the 3.0 I had before this one. Simple reason, this one is much more fun to drive. But that still leaves it sitting all week long, maybe even two weeks. So the battery tender gets attached, towels get draped over the dash, and if I don't have regular (non-ethanol blended) I add Seafoam or Staibol to the tank.

Regards

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.