Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series & 4 Series > E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)

E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)
The E9X is the 4th evolution of the BMW 3 series including a highly tuned twin turbo 335i variant pushing out 300hp and 300 ft. lbs. of torque. BMW continues to show that it sets the bar for true driving performance! -- View the E9X Wiki

Old 05-11-2005, 04:15 PM
Banned

Mein Auto: 06 EZGO TXT, chipped!
Has the horrible sunroof cover 'clip design' been fixed on the E90?

My E46 just went in for the third time for this problem...cover come off tracks...and I baby this thing because I know the design is terrible!
Advertisement
Old 05-11-2005, 04:26 PM
Oh yeah, she's my baby...

Mein Auto: '04 330i
Quote:
Originally Posted by greginaz1
My E46 just went in for the third time for this problem...cover come off tracks...and I baby this thing because I know the design is terrible!
I'm taking mine in for the second time next week. I don't get it, I had my '99 for over five years and never had a problem with the sun roof shade. I haven't had this car a year yet and it's broken twice.

"Life is all about ass ... either you are covering it, kicking it, kissing it, sitting on it or trying to get it."
Old 05-11-2005, 04:41 PM
Banned

Mein Auto: 06 EZGO TXT, chipped!
Quote:
Originally Posted by apar330i
I'm taking mine in for the second time next week. I don't get it, I had my '99 for over five years and never had a problem with the sun roof shade. I haven't had this car a year yet and it's broken twice.
Hey Adam, yeah and the thing that p*sses me off the most is the SA's look at me like I am mishandling it! I treat my car with kid gloves, the cover broke the first two times when I pushed the button to retract it! In fact this last time it was broke at the dealership when they cleaned the interior of the sunroof glass and were a little rough on it.

I hate getting that condescending look indicating I don't know how to 'handle' it when the design can't take normal use...
Old 05-11-2005, 07:53 PM
Oh yeah, she's my baby...

Mein Auto: '04 330i
Quote:
Originally Posted by greginaz1
Hey Adam, yeah and the thing that p*sses me off the most is the SA's look at me like I am mishandling it! I treat my car with kid gloves, the cover broke the first two times when I pushed the button to retract it! In fact this last time it was broke at the dealership when they cleaned the interior of the sunroof glass and were a little rough on it.

I hate getting that condescending look indicating I don't know how to 'handle' it when the design can't take normal use...
Yo Greg. My SA hasn't given me that look - yet. I take mine to Chapman on Camelback and so far they have treated me great. I think the shade is a poorly designed POS. I've probably opened the sun roof less than a dozen times since I've owned the car. So it's not breaking from excessive use. The first time it broke I'd had car just over two weeks. Part of it fell out and hit me on the shoulder. As many people that have had them worked on you'd think they would have fixed it over the lifespan of the E46.

"Life is all about ass ... either you are covering it, kicking it, kissing it, sitting on it or trying to get it."
Old 05-26-2005, 01:16 PM

Mein Auto: 99' 328i (E46)
I took my CPO 99' 328i to Assel BMW in Arcadia before I reached the 100k mile warranty and they told me that the warranty didn't cover the headliner which they said included the sun shade. I thought that was BS because it should be part of the sunroof. So I pulled the sunshade off and haven't installed it since. Bin about 8 months now. Should have tried another dealership, now I'm screwed because it's out of warranty. So Cal sun is brutal, if I could just by the guides I could fix it in 10 min.
Old 05-26-2005, 01:57 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2009 Black 328i Coupe
I'm certainly hoping that's one of the things addressed. I'm not sure what I'd be looking for, though. The shades are definitely different, though, if just in texture.

See More Related BMW Stories

Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series & 4 Series > E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)
Today's Posts Search