BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Water in the well!

1K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  JohnHHerts 
#1 ·
My 2007 630i Sport is taking on board water in the rear footwell (mostly) - a bit has migrated to the front too. The dealer tells me that he is 99.9% sure the drivers door seals need replacing and that as all seats and carpets need to come out I should have the other door done too. A expensive (circa English Pounds 1400!) and lengthy operation.

I'm not convinced he is right and would like some helpful suggestions. I am not particularly car-diy savvy.

The rain gets in when the car is stationary. I've not seen it happening. Enough gets in to form a puddle in the back. My hopes are that it could be seepage throught the window seals.

Cheers,

John

#2 ·
Did you check,your scuttle drains near the microfilter a I under the bonnet? I know in the e60 5 Series there is an issue where leaves can gather in there blocking up the drain there which then forces water to find an alternative route. The alternative route is in to the cabin.
You could test the door seals on your car yourself with a hose & some talcum powder. To do this scatter (or somehow apply) the powder around the door seals. Then with the doors closed as regular spray the car with the hose. If the talcum powder is disturbed then you should be able to find the cause of your leak.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.