BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Paris and Lake Constance Hotels - Help Please

2K views 9 replies 10 participants last post by  SD ///M4 
#1 ·
I'm headed from Munich to Paris June 8th to June 18th and need some help if you can.

Plan on heading to Lake Constance area (Konstanz & Meersburg) on the 9th and was hoping to get some suggestions for a hotel in the area. plus any must see/dos in the area.

Then Heading to Strasbourg for 2 days.

Reims for 1 day. (Suite Novotel Reims hotel)

Then I need some help for a Paris hotel. We will be there 14th-18th. Any suggestions for good hotels for $200-$300/night?

Any help or input is super appreciated.

Thanks in advance!
John

#2 ·
Jacqueline Neumann
Courtyard Travel Ltd.
1010 Northern Blvd.
Great Neck, NY 11021
Ph: 516 773-3700
jackie@courtyardtvl.com
SHe works with BMW ED customers and offers discounts on hotels. I just got back from doing ED and used them for 9 different hotels. Tell her Kamil referred you.

You can read my write up for reference:

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=699827

#5 ·
Paris

I don't have too many recommendations besides the usual that people would tell you, but my wife and I were ther for the first time last summer and I would recommend the Seine dinner cruise.

It is pricey, and the food is average to decent. I think we spent $150 a piece if I remember correctly, but if you are going with a significant other and want to have a nice experience, it is worth it for first time Paris visitors.

The two worth booking are Bataux Mouches and Bataux Parisians. We went with Mouche because it was a tad cheaper and the food is supposedly a little better with Parisians, but Mouches had individual tables for two and every table is up against the window. On Parisians some are in the center and window picnic style seating is extra.

Book online before you go and I would recommend the dinner for your first night in Paris. The boat will go by all of the big sights along the river and you watch as the sun goes down, the boat then stops at the Eiffel tower after nightfall on the hour to watch it "twinkle".

I am not sure about Parisians but on the Mouches cruise we had our private table, a very good bottle of champagne at the table, another house bottle of red or white comes with the meal. We had the red and it was terrible. There was a pianist and a violinist playing through the whole cruise. We had a very nice view, and each of their boats has a rooftop observation deck to go and watch the nice sights go by.

I say it is best to do on the first night because you will see MANY things and they will all be new, and you can decide what you want to go back and see and what to skip because you saw enough from the boat. I also recommend the berry soup for desert, man that was good.

Touring Notre Dame, and Saint Chapel were neat, Versaillies was overrated and not worth the long train ride. Otherwise wing it in Paris and do a lot of walking with a map, there is stuff to duck into everywhere like the Opera House, and food is very good pretty much everywhere. Even the cheapie street cafes have good food.

Enjoy. I am about to place an ED order myself and might end up back in Paris, but would like to see Nice this time.

#6 ·
I only stayed once in Konstanz at the Hotel Halm in the city so you can get around walking. I did like the hotel, older hotel but good service, room was ok.

There is also a nice Steigenberger hotel right on the lake but it tends to be very pricey.

I will stay soon at the Hotel Hoeri in Gaienhofen for a meeting and the people that picked it liked it.

Not sure what type of hotels you like and what price range you are looking it.

You can see some pricing at one of the main hotel booking sites for Germany:

www.hrs.de (you can change the language to English)

#7 ·
I'd suggest the Seehof in Immenstaad, which is about midway between Friedrichshafen and Meersburg and either a good base from which to explore the northern shore of the lake, or a convenient stopover on your traverse. I've spent many nights there - for a while it was my home from home. Never let me down and invariably beautiful. Even took Mrs FrankAZ there for a few nights as part of our honeymoon.

http://www.seehof-hotel.de/

Frank.

#8 ·
If you have a chase ultimate rewards credit card points and have a sapphire preferred card, I'd sign up for Hyatts gold passport (it's free). You can transfer points from your chase account to gold passport. Hyatt hotels in Paris range from 15000-22000 points a night. Which normally equals $150-220 cash back. Paris Hyatt rooms cost 300-800 euros a night. That's what I'm doing.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app

#10 ·
You could check out steigenberg constance
You didn't notice that the previous post in this thread was 5/31/2013, almost 7 years ago?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.