Help: Need winter tires! - Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X5 M, X6 M, Z3 M & Z4 M > F85 X5 M and F86 X6 M (2016 - Current)

F85 X5 M and F86 X6 M (2016 - Current)
The BMW X5 M and X6 M are high-performance derivative of the X5 and X6. Introduced at the 2014 LA Auto Show and appearing in dealerships in 2015. Both modeles are powered by BMW's S63tu twin turbo charged V8 making 567 HP and 553 lb-ft of torque, the most power for any BMW xDrive vehicle.

Old 11-30-2017, 01:31 PM

Mein Auto: 2018 X6M
Help: Need winter tires!

Just got the new 2018 x6m black fire. As you know has amazing black 21" tires. However I need to buy winter tires for it and they are all sold out. Anyone know where I can buy?

Thanks,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-30-2017, 02:58 PM
Automotive Addict

Mein Auto: Audi, BMW & RR...
Same happened last year. Production begins in again in late January and will not ship out from the manufacturers until late February. You have to find a retailer or distributor with them in stock currently otherwise used is only option other than buying a new set of wheels and tires as a set from BMW. Contact TireRack and ask for the Yokohama BlueEarth in the 21" fitment. There should be a couple sets left as of today.
Old 12-04-2017, 09:13 AM

Mein Auto: 18-X5M
Quote:
Originally Posted by iconoclast View Post
Same happened last year. Production begins in again in late January and will not ship out from the manufacturers until late February. You have to find a retailer or distributor with them in stock currently otherwise used is only option other than buying a new set of wheels and tires as a set from BMW. Contact TireRack and ask for the Yokohama BlueEarth in the 21" fitment. There should be a couple sets left as of today.
I purchased these tires two weeks ago. Tires came in a couple days. No snow yet, but driving in the cold is like day and night from the summer tires.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-04-2017, 11:51 AM
Automotive Addict

Mein Auto: Audi, BMW & RR...
Same and not being a RFT makes them much better than the Michelin I had last year. I already had them in some snow and temperature in the teens so I can a dramatic difference so far. I am hoping that this is the same once we receive some serious accumulation.
Old 12-07-2017, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narco1 View Post
I purchased these tires two weeks ago. Tires came in a couple days. No snow yet, but driving in the cold is like day and night from the summer tires.
Where did you get them from?? 21"??
Old 12-10-2017, 07:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moutso View Post
Where did you get them from?? 21"??
Tire rack. Had them in a couple of days.

Got some snow here in Cincinnati last night. Took it out to test. Not much snow, but was very icy underneath. Was like driving on dry pavement. Very happy!
Old 12-12-2017, 08:44 AM

Update: Found Yokohama Winter Drive v905. Front: 285 35 R21 // Back: 325 30 R21. List is $277.96 each. I want to keep the look of my awesome 21" black rims so I chose to get the tires for it and not do the 20" tires/rims.

Thoughts on Yokohama? They just got some at Tire Rack (only choice I had at this point). Better then having my summer tires this winter! lol
Old 12-12-2017, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Update: Found Yokohama Winter Drive v905. Front: 285 35 R21 // Back: 325 30 R21. List is $277.96 each. I want to keep the look of my awesome 21" black rims so I chose to get the tires for it and not do the 20" tires/rims.

Thoughts on Yokohama? They just got some at Tire Rack (only choice I had at this point). Better then having my summer tires this winter! lol
So far I have zero complaints. Very satisfied!
Old 12-12-2017, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narco1 View Post
So far I have zero complaints. Very satisfied!
Do you have the 21"? Do the tires fit properly on the rim? Is the rim exposed at all? Or does the tire stay on the rim like the summer tires?

I get my tires on Monday. Curious because I used to have a 2014 M6 Grand Coupe, and the winter tires never covered the rim completely and the rims were always getting scratched.

Thanks.
Old 12-12-2017, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Do you have the 21"? Do the tires fit properly on the rim? Is the rim exposed at all? Or does the tire stay on the rim like the summer tires?

I get my tires on Monday. Curious because I used to have a 2014 M6 Grand Coupe, and the winter tires never covered the rim completely and the rims were always getting scratched.

Thanks.
Yes have the 21Ē. Stayed with them didnít want two sets. Had them installed at a bmw Indy shop. They used a road force balancing machine and they said everything fit and balanced perfectly. I notice VERY little difference in performance, but they are much more comfortable in the cold temps.
Old 12-12-2017, 09:34 PM

Thanks!!

See More Related BMW Stories

Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X5 M, X6 M, Z3 M & Z4 M > F85 X5 M and F86 X6 M (2016 - Current)
Today's Posts Search