535d xdrive CPO - Closest BMW Dealer 271 Miles - Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > General BMW Questions

General BMW Questions
Use this forum to ask general question about the BMW ownership and keep up on the latest BMW news. Direct all model specific questions to model specific forums below.

Old 12-07-2017, 03:50 PM

Mein Auto: Nissan
535d xdrive CPO - Closest BMW Dealer 271 Miles

Greetings all! I have found a 2014 535d xdrive (CPO) w/29000 miles that I would love to purchase. Should I have an unfortunate event in which the car breaks down, and the issue is covered by the warranty, the closest BMW dealership from my house is 271 miles away. This makes the value of the CPO, in my opinion, irrelevant. The asking price is just over 33K and I am wondering if the dealership can forgo the CPO and lower the price. Is that unreasonable? What amount roughly does a CPO add to the price of that car?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Bimmerfest mobile app
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-07-2017, 04:53 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 435 Grand Coupe MSport
If its already been CPO'ed, its "unlikely" they will "reverse" that but you could ask.. just be prepared for them to say "we already CPO ed it". Not sure on how much it adds to the car, but I think its a couple thousand? If the CPO doesnt have value to you, then you might want to look at vehicles without it. Dealers will generally CPO every car that qualifies, because most want it (and its extra profit for them), so you might need to look at buying private party.
2016 435 Grand Coupe Estoril Blue MSport |Hex. EB Trim-Blk. Dakota | MSoort | Technology | Drivers Asst. | Drivers Assist+|Lighting |Track Pack W/ 442 Wheels |Heated Frnt Seats | Smartphone Integration | HK Stereo (His)

2016 X5 XDrive35d Space Grey |Blk Dakota W/ Fineline Oak | MSport | Lighting Pack | Premium Pack | Drivers Assist | Drivers Assist + | ACC W Stop N Go | 20" Wheels| Smartphone Integration | Multi Contour Seats | HK Stereo (hers)

BMW CCA #477341
Old 12-08-2017, 03:04 PM

Mein Auto: Nissan
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrandorin View Post
If its already been CPO'ed, its "unlikely" they will "reverse" that but you could ask.. just be prepared for them to say "we already CPO ed it". Not sure on how much it adds to the car, but I think its a couple thousand? If the CPO doesnt have value to you, then you might want to look at vehicles without it. Dealers will generally CPO every car that qualifies, because most want it (and its extra profit for them), so you might need to look at buying private party.
Thanks jjrandorin... they would not reverse the CPO, which makes sense because it is less profit for them. I will just need to be patient and find this vehicle from a private party.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Bimmerfest mobile app

See More Related BMW Stories

Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > General BMW Questions
Today's Posts Search