BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

New (to me) winter tires!

690 views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  OGjuanKenobi 
#1 ·
Hey all!

Never really posted anything before, but I've been an avid site-reader for a while now. Finally got my 09 E90 335 at the beginning of this year & I've loved it more than anything! (not including wife, dog, family, etc. haha).
I've been running the OEM RE050A's since I got it, but I made the vow to have my baby prepared for winter, and of course I didn't want to run summer tires in a PDX winter. I was doing my research (thanks to all of you for your constant sharing), shopping around & I stumbled upon a sweet deal on Craigslist. After a few days of back-&-forth haggling, I ended up getting some practically new (<2k miles) Bridgestone Blizzak LM25V's, sport package staggered, for $400. I thought this was a good deal & worth sharing, since so many of you have unknowingly given me much information & advice.
I did have a question I figure someone may have a sage-like answer to. I noticed that the front set is 225/45R18 & stock front is 225/40. Will this still be ok to run for a few winter months? I really hope so, since I already bought them! Hahaha!

And of course, pictures, or it didn't happen ;)

Sent from my SGH-T959 using Bimmer

See less See more
#3 ·
From the miata tire app:

"Speedometer will read 3.5% too slow. When speedo reads 60mph, you are travelling 62.1mph."

Other than that, there shouldn't be any huge problems. Assuming the tire fits, but I image it would (diameter increased by .9 inches).

I'm also assuming you are using a non-xi model. With AWD, I don't think are supposed to mismatch tires like that.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.