BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

M sports package on 5.0

1K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Rod27 
#1 ·
Any members own the M sport package on a 5.0? Wanting to know the noticeable differences between the 5.0 and the M package, which according to the brochure equals 40hp more but same gas mileage.

#2 ·
I have both the M Sport and M Technology on my 2013 50i -- the only "comparison" I can give is that it is rated 14 mpg city and 20 mpg hwy. The vast majority of my driving is city driving and I average 12.3 mpg. However, on the upside, I have taken a couple of highway trips and have gotten 22.5 mpg.

#4 ·
+1, ordered both on my 2013 50 love the appearance of the ZMP and the added power of the ZMX ... again getting around 12.x mpg urban and a little better (with proper featherlight application of the gas pedal) highway ...

car's performance is spectacular if you use the manual mode/flappy paddies ... you dont really notice it when SNORETRONIC transmission short shifts all the time at 2500rpm or so... even in sport mode.

I would also recommend specifying Adaptive Drive with ZMP&ZMX for the full experience ... about as close to X5M as you get get without buying an X5M!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.