BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Service lights?

6K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  HyphE36 
#1 ·
Can someone explain the meaning or function of the lights on the dash above the steering column.

There are a series of green ones then a yellow one and a red one.

all of the green are lit but not the yellow or green. what does it mean?

#4 ·
When we bought 318i. The red lights were always on along with the 'oil change' and 'inspection' message. When we bought the car, we were taking it to a place where they did the service and oil change, and inspection but they didn't reset the computer.
When I started going to the dealer, the first thing he looked at was the service reminder, and of course it was full of red lights and the oil and inspection indicator. He got worried and thought we never serviced the car. I didn't know there was a tool to reset the system, i thought my car wasn't getting the right oil. After the tech serviced the car, he resetted the reminder and i got all green bars. I wish it automatically resets after an oil change or inspection is done.
So, bboyvek I shouldn't trust the service reminder? I do my oil changes every 8,000km anyways.

#5 · (Edited)
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.