BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Wanted (BMW assist)

3K views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  jgamble093 
#1 ·
Hey Folks!

So i just purchased a 07 328xi coupe. So far its a fantastic vehicle. It does have iDrive Professional and i thought that model came with bluetooth. however i noticed when i go to communication, it states mobile phone not installed.
I did a quick check and realized i don't have the SOS Button near my sunroof. I've been searching for a way to install it on here and found a few great articles but Id like to have the OEM unit instead of the Mobridge.

If anyone has the TCU kit id be interesting in purchasing it for a reasonable price.

Any tips and/or knowledge would be helpful too.

Thanks!

#5 ·
Hmm.. I was fairly certain 07's had Bluetooth capability.

You might have a problem with the MOST Bus: (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MOST_Bus). MOST Bus is BMW's fiber optic network that connects all of the components in your audio, video, voice and data signals. Might have one of the cables come loose, etc.

Might also try a reboot of your iDrive as well. You can do this by pushing both eject buttons (DVD and CD) and the volume knob (a.k.a the mute button) at the same time for about 10 seconds.

Otherwise, I might call around or call a service rep. and try to check the problem.

#6 ·
Im sure it may be pre-wired for bluetooth but im not sure if i need the TCU and the Sunroof SOS for Voice recognition. i have the voice command recognition so id say its safe to assume it has a mic already..

i tried the reset you mentioned and still no luck. good to know thats there because it got stuck on me the other day.
Any idea where the TCU might be located so i could check those cables?

#7 · (Edited)
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.